Reasons Why You Need to Binge Watch Good Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

What is Good Girls, you ask?

Only the BEST show ever! 

It follows sisters Beth and Annie and their best friend Ruby. When these ladies become fed up with the mysoginistic ways of the world around them, they decide to fight back and get the respect that they deserve. They end up holding up a local grocery store in attempt to relieve them of their financial problems, which all stem from their husbands/ex husbands. But as expected, they get in too deep with the crime life and they struggle to get themselves out of the mess they’ve made. 

This show is FEMINIST AF! The roles of these strong leading ladies is so empowering to watch! In the series, you can expect strong girl power! Each of these ladies build each other up and support each other every step of the way. It’s the type of friendship that all girls want! There are times where these ladies can be selfish and flawed, but that just makes you love them more…because they’re real!

Not only is this show a girl power sensation, but it’s also hilarious. This show is a true crime drama but the elements of comedy are masterfully done and gives the perfect amount of each genre. There is also LGBTQ+ representation which we LOVE. In the first season, Annie’s daughter seems to be questioning her sexuality and identity. More shows should have this type of represenation! 

All in all, this show is truly bad ass! It’s funny, dramatic, feminist, and totally binge worthy! So go log into your Netflix and pop a bowl of popcorn (maybe two because you may be there​ a while) and enjoy!

Laptop with white mug that says the future is female with a lipstick mark
Pexels / CoWomen

President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!