The Progression Of The Semester As Told By Pugs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With the end of the semester just two weeks away, most of us are stuck wondering where the time went. As finals quickly approach us and assignments pile up, let’s have a look back on our emotions over the past few months, as told by the cutest wrinkly-faced pups out there.

1. Move in Day

We’re all super excited to be back with our friends for another fun filled semester at TCNJ!

Image Source

2. First Day of Classes

The anticipation to see who is in our classes and what we will be doing all semester is real. Most of us have high hopes to get ahead during the semester and keep up with work, but, if you’re like me, that hope is crushed by the second week of school.

Image Source

3. Midterms

There’s not enough caffeine to keep us awake during midterms. All of a sudden there are multiple papers due, along with even more tests within the span of a week, and we’re questioning why we were so eager to come back to school a month and a half ago.

Image Source

4. Fall Break

Finally, home at last! A much needed break from the stresses of midterms, and a chance to catch up on all the sleep we’ve lost.

Image Source

5. The Weird Middle Part of the Semester

We’re not overly stressed out over finals quite yet, but we’re still stressed over what we have to do beforehand. We’re pretty much just trying to make it to the end of the semester.

Image Source

6. Thanksgiving Break

Going home to eat something that isn’t Eick? What could be better!?

Image Source

7. Finals

Losing sleep, losing motivation. It’s cold, dark, and it’s hard to remember anything we learned in September that will probably be on the final exam. The only thing keeping us going is the upcoming holidays that seem so close, yet so far.

Image Source

Cover Image Source

Maddi is the current President and Campus Correspondent for HCTCNJ. She is a senior journalism student at The College of New Jersey who loves pugs, napping, and all things food.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.