This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie, Peter Palmisano, is all about laughter.  Plus, he loves going to the beach and sings in an a cappella group, in addition to being a CA! Underneath his dimples and charming exterior you’ll find someone whose heart is in the right place.  Get to know this week’s Campus Cutie!

Name: Peter Palmisano

Nicknames: They’re all pretty exclusive to specific people, but nevertheless: Peterlein, ‘lein, Pete, Petester the Dimple, P-Squared

Age/Year: 20, Junior

Hometown: East Windsor, NJ

Major/Minor: Marketing Major, Communications Minor

Hobbies: Gettin’ toasty on the beach, people watching, laughing, and dreaming of my life as a celebrity.

Activities on-campus: ResLife, i-Tunes A Cappella, NRHH, Business School Peer Mentor

Why you chose TCNJ: TCNJ was actually at the bottom of my list of colleges during the application process. I initially applied to TCNJ as a Marketing major, but then after my acceptance in February of my senior year I decided that I wanted to be an Education major and was adamant about attending TCNJ (without even visiting campus). I changed my major back to Marketing in October of my freshman year, and despite selecting TCNJ based on my major, I couldn’t be happier with my decision!

Future goals/dreams: The one goal I have for my future (which I pray isn’t just a dream!) is to be a father and husband. I want to have a family to come home to and build the same relationship with my children that I have with my very own parents. I think that the love of a parent is the greatest love of all and I can’t wait to experience it some day!

Favorite musician: I have an eclectic taste in music and am fairly picky when it comes to what I listen to. Having said that, I love Frank Sinatra, Alanis Morissette, Lionel Richie, Nat King Cole, and I have a very soft spot for The Carpenters.

Favorite movie: Fatal Attraction with the incomparable Glenn Close. Hands down.

Favorite TV show: Homeland

Pet peeves: When people feel the need to tell me what I “need to work on.”  I actually don’t want to hear it.

Celebrity crush: Kate Winslet can do no wrong in my eyes and in my heart.

Favorite food: Anything my mom cooks, with the exception of beets.

Best college memory so far: My best college memory has been becoming a CA on campus. It has completely surpassed all my expectations. It is easily the best decision that I have made at TCNJ.  I have met some of the greatest friends and I have grown and learned so much about myself. I’m forever grateful for the experience.

Summer plans: I am hoping to get an internship somewhere this summer; however, I’m going to make it a priority to go to the beach as much as possible. I refuse to look like Casper.

Describe yourself in three words: Salty, Prince-like, Italian.

Describe your ideal first date: A day full of laughter. Taking a break to eat, but not for too long. Then resuming.

Fun fact: I threw up in front of everyone at Pearle Vision on Martin Luther King Day in 2010 while failing to take contacts out of my eyes. My mom had to clean it up and I have yet to return to that store. I also haven’t attempted to get contacts again. 

Best advice you’ve ever received: My mother has been giving me the best advice I could possibly receive for the past 20 years: that no matter what, my mother loves me and loves the person that I have become. Knowing that is the only bit of advice that I need for motivation. She’s the best!

Rachel Chlebowski is an alumna of The College of New Jersey, where she sang with I-Tunes A Cappella, created props for TCNJ Musical Theater, spread literary cheer through Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society, and wrote for Her Campus TCNJ. She enjoys reading novels and watching Netflix when she isn't editing manuscripts and media.