Perks of becoming a Prime Student!

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Whether you are at the start of your college career or on your last year, Prime Student is for you! Before becoming a Digital Brand Ambassador for Prime Student, I had it purchased in my first year. However, I am now learning about all of the great perks Prime Student offers, and what better way to share than to show them off so that college students can take advantage of these great resources!

At no cost, each student with a valid college email address will receive six months of Amazon Prime Student, which includes many different perks and discounts to help college students succeed. The first one that caught my eye was StudentUniverse. Prime members receive 10% discounts on hotels, flights and rental car purchases through StudentUniverse. There is even the chance to save 60% off of hotels! Whether traveling to the beach during spring break or visiting family and friends across the country, this is an excellent opportunity to use these exclusive deals only available through Prime Student!

Next, an academic perk Prime Student contains is Course Hero: 24/7 study help that consists of various study resources, such as textbooks, literature for a class, and homework help. Prime Student members get one month at no cost and then for $9.95 a month after. I have been able to save so much money and get free textbooks and required reading materials for my classes, so I recommend Course Hero! It is an excellent resource for academic assistance during stressful times in the semester.

When daily schedules get filled with classes, club meetings, and work shifts, setting aside time for yourself and your mental health is essential. Calm is an excellent way for students to decompress after a long day or if they need a break during a hectic one. Becoming a Prime Student gives members a free 3-month premium subscription and then $8.99 for the whole year — which is regularly priced at $69.99, so that is a big save! There are guided meditations available to stories that are known to help people sleep. 

Lastly, Prime Student partners’ internal teams consist of Prime Reading, Prime ‘Try Before You Buy’, Prime Video, Prime Gaming to Amazon Music Prime, Amazon Photos fast shipping, and even a Grubhub + membership! Being a Prime member connects those to many complimentary amenities over a broad category. Treat yourself to exclusive savings perks, and save tons of money during your time as a busy college student!

Alexa Giacoio is a senior Communication Studies major with minors in Marketing and Management. On campus, she's a member of Delta Zeta sorority, serves as the Vice President for Public Relations for the senior class in Student Government and a member of Omicron Delta Kappa, an honor society recognizing leadership excellence. Beyond her involvement in campus organizations, she works as an Office Assistant for the Vice President of Student Affairs and has been an Orientation Leader. In her spare time, Alexa's passions include exploring new destinations through travel, and singing. Upon graduation, she will be working as a Sales Analyst for Church and Dwight Co., Inc., a CPG company that owns brands such as Arm & Hammer, OxiClean, Batiste, Therabreath, and Hero Cosmetics.