Our Queen: Stephanie Rindosh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Homecoming is by far one of the greatest events of the school year for students at The College of New Jersey. But for our Homecoming Queen Stephanie Rindosh, this year’s Homecoming was one of the best days of her college career. Not only was she crowned our Homecoming Queen alongside her best friend Ryan DeAngelis, but this year’s Homecoming Game happened to fall on her birthday!

Stephanie Rindosh is extremely involved around campus and within many organizations. She is the captain of TCNJ Dance team, a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon, an Ambassador and a member of the Hellenic Society. She is also an outstanding Civil Engineering student who is a part of the American Society of Civil Engineers and is currently applying for jobs and graduate programs for when her time at TCNJ comes to an end!

But despite having these qualifications, she never even imagined herself being on the Homecoming Court. “I never saw myself running for Homecoming Queen. I told my family at home that I was running and they laughed,” admits Rindosh. “You just always envision the ‘Queen’ to be elegant, poised and classy. Meanwhile, I am a ‘jokesta’ who wears Nike high tops to class everyday.”   

Stephanie Rindosh proves that one does not have to be stereotypically poised and elegant like a pageant queen to represent our school. She was able to rock a knee-brace on the football field and still take home the crown. Her down-to-earth personality and campus involvement are much more important when it comes to choosing a Homecoming Queen to represent this campus.

Her organization also ran a campaign for her that was only fitting for this self-proclaimed “jokesta”. They embraced her quirky personality and went with the theme of calling Stephanie “The Most Interesting Girl On Campus”, emulating the man in the Dos Equis “Most Interesting Man In The World” commercials.

“All the support from my organization, friends, and even strangers, was incredible,” said Rindosh. “I tried to act like it was not a big deal, but I couldn’t help smiling when somebody would say, ‘I voted for you!’”

Rindosh, along with the other people on the Homecoming Court, were great candidates for the position. But something about Rindosh’s bubbly personality and humbleness made her a perfect fit for the title. “It was an honor to make it into the Homecoming Court, and every person on the field had the qualifications for Homecoming Queen,” said Rindosh.

Stephanie Rindosh is also the fourth consecutive Ambassador to win the title of Homecoming Queen, a legacy that she is very honored to be a part of. “I feel privileged to be a part of the legacy that we are creating!” said Rindosh. “And this year it was even more of a dynasty because the Homecoming King is also an Ambassador.”

The job of Homecoming King and Queen, however, does not just mean holding the title for a year. “The Homecoming King and I will be working in the Alumni Affairs office for the remainder of the school year. We will assist with programming and reaching out to alumni,” explains Rindosh. “I am so excited that we will be working in Alumni Affairs together, since we’re already used to working together through Ambassadors.” And we’re looking forward to see what these two will accomplish in their new positions!

Jessa Gianotti is a senior Journalism and Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey with minors in Marketing and Pre-Law.