October 28th: National Chocolate Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

I could eat chocolate at any time of day; it’s pretty much a staple in my life. There isn’t a type of chocolate that I don’t like: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, you name it.  I’ve never understood how someone can despise chocolate, and if you’re that person, we might not get along. In my opinion, it’s rather fitting that National Chocolate Day falls on October 28th, right around Halloween, because I’m definitely spending this weekend picking on candy (chocolate especially, of course).   Chocolate is the perfect cure for anything. Whether you’re experiencing heartbreak, getting over a low test grade, or having a bad day, I can pretty much guarantee that chocolate will cheer you up. In honor of this very important holiday, here are seven chocolate treats you can indulge to celebrate.

1.Chocolate bar

Simple, classic, but delicious every time nevertheless.

Photo Source

2.Chocolate mousse

Whenever I look at a dessert menu at restaurants, I always search the page for this item, and if they have it, let’s just say I’m a very happy camper.

Photo Source

3.Chocolate brownies

Otherwise known as a chocolate lover’s Heaven.

Photo Source

1. Chocolate ice cream   

I’ve never tried an ice cream flavor that I didn’t like, but at the end of the day, chocolate will always have my heart.

Photo Source

5.Chocolate chip cookies

You can never go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie.

Photo Source

6.Chocolate pudding

This is a great choice if you’re in a rush. It’s quick, easy, and most importantly, delicious.

Photo Source

7.Chocolate cupcakes

I’m not a huge fan of cake, but for some reason, chocolate cupcakes get me every time.

Photo Source

National Chocolate Day might only come once a year, but that doesn’t mean you should ever give up these delectable chocolate desserts. You deserve to treat yourself. 

Thumbnail

Alyssa is a senior English major at TCNJ who loves to read, write, listen to music, and spend time with her friends, family, and dog. She is currently a Features Editor for HCTCNJ. 
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.