Nikhil Porecha ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

This Valentine’s Day week, we present to you a genuine gentleman of TCNJ.  Nikhil is proof that good guys do exist.  He has career aspirations pertaining to public health and public policy and hopes one day to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in the footsteps of his father.  Nikhil simply wants happiness.

Age/ year: 20/ 2016

Hometown: Farmingldale, N.J.

Major/ minor: Economics/ Public Health

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Campus Organizations: President of club baseball and member of Phi Alpha Delta

Post grad plans: Purse a Master of Public Health program (MPH)

Dream job: I don’t have anything in mind.  I just want to be happy and have a good life.

Favorite place you’ve ever traveled: When I was very little, we went to Kenya.  My father is from there.  I was little so I only remember bits and pieces, but it was beautiful.  I definitely want to go back.

The number one thing on your bucket list: My dad is a big hiker.  He’s from Africa and so of course he climbed Mount Kilimanjaro so I’d have to do that.

Favorite band/musician: I’ve gotta go mainstream and say Sam Smith.

Fun fact: I play baseball.  I played in high school.  I was on varsity for three years.

Role model: Definitely my father.  He is the model gentleman and that’s how I want to be, just handling everything on an even keel.

Biggest turn on: Nice eyes

Biggest turn off: Bad breath

Celebrity Crushes: Penélope Cruz

Ideal first date: I took my girlfriend to Buffalo Wild Wings and we shared fried pickles.  We both love that kind of thing.  On the first date, I’d want to get to know the girl and by the second or third date, do something fun.

Favorite food: Seafood.  I love shrimp.  I love seafood dishes just in general.

Hobbies: I play baseball.  I like to draw.  I’m not really good at it, just doodles.

Funny quirks: I hate when people touch my eyebrows.

Best advice you’ve ever been given: It has to come from my parents.  They always try to keep me on the right path.  It would probably be, “don’t be too emotional, don’t get too high or low.  The amount you put in is the product you’ll get out.”

Any Valentine’s Day plans? We went out a couple of weeks ago because it was our two-year [anniversary], but we may go to Philly or Princeton for a nice dinner.