Style > Beauty

New Eyeshadow Palettes You Need This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

There are plenty of exciting releases coming from the makeup industry in light of the holidays. Whether you’re looking for a gift for a friend or just want to treat yourself, hopefully this list gives you some inspiration. 

1. Tati Beauty- Textured Neutrals Volume 1

IMG Source 

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow palette at the moment. This is perfect for the everyday neutral look and a gorgeous smokey glam for a night out. The palette features six tones with four finishes- Matte, Sequin, Metallic and Glitter. It goes for $48 and is available on tatibeauty.com. I highly recommend this palette as a gift for others or even yourself.

2. Huda Beauty- Mercury Retrograde Palette

IMG Source ​ 

Horoscopes have become a huge thing this year, and the makeup industry is no exception. I love that this palette has a unique color scheme compared to a lot of makeup products launched recently. There is a mix of beautiful pastel colors and neutrals. I think that despite having a pop color, this palette is very wearable and great for everyday use. This palette is very pricey at $67 and is available on shophudabeauty.com and Sephora (both in store and online).

3. Huda Beauty- Mini NUDE Obsessions Eyeshadow Palettes

IMG Source

Huda Beauty saw huge success with the release of their Obsessions Eyeshadow palettes. I always wanted to buy one because they were incredible quality, but I hesitated because they were so colorful. However, Huda Beauty recently released a set of Nude themed palettes with the same compact size and luxury quality. There are three different palettes- Light, Medium and Rich, which cover a wide range of neutral shades. They sell for $29 each and are available on shophudabeauty.com and Sephora (both in store and online). 

4. ColourPop Disney Designer Collection- Midnight Masquerade

IMG Source

Colourpop released their first collaboration with Disney called Disney Designer Collection on September 28, 2018. They recently launched their second line of the Disney Designer Collection called the Midnight Masquerade Collection. The collection features a 15 shade palette with a wide variety of colors. Each shade is named after something Disney related. This palette retails for $22 and is available on colourpop.com.

5. Jeffree Star Cosmetics- Conspiracy Palette and Mini Controversy Palette

IMG Source

If you’ve been on Youtube or Twitter lately, you have definitely heard of the collaboration between Jeffree Star Cosmetics and Shane Dawson. They released a full merch line, along with two eyeshadow palettes, liquid lipsticks, lip balm, mirrors and cosmetic bags. The main palette is called the Conspiracy palette and features 18 matte, metallic and foil shades. The palette is vegan and cruelty free. The shades are very colorful and fun which is perfect for those who love to create bright looks. It retails for $52. The other palette is called the Mini Controversy which features nine colorful and neutral shades and is perfect for travel. It costs $29 and is available on jeffreestarcosmetics.com and Morphe (online and in store). 

Senior Marketing major who has a passion for makeup and the color pink
Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.