Netflix’s Stranger Things Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Post Netflix TV show depression. We’ve all been there. Have you just finished watching your favorite show on Netflix? Are you experiencing feelings of emptiness? Well, there is a show that can help you fill that void. If you’re looking for your next Netflix show to binge-watch, look no further than Stranger Things.

Stranger Things is a Netflix sci-fi original thriller. Although you definitely don’t have to be into sci-fi to love this show.

Set in the 1980’s, a boy named Will Byers goes missing and the town goes into a frenzy. His mother Joyce frantically searches for him with the local authorities. Will’s friends, ignoring the warnings of the police, launch their own search for him with a mysterious new girl. Danger lurks around every corner for each of the characters. 

Season 1 of Stranger Things consists of 8 episodes, and the show feels like an extended movie that leaves viewers begging for more.

So what makes this Netflix original so addicting and lovable?

For one, the cast is stellar. Winona Ryder plays the role of Will’s mother excellently. Her presence amps up the feelings of 80’s nostalgia. And come on, who doesn’t love Winona Ryder? The group of kids in the show complete the cast. They each have their own degrees of adorableness to them. However, not in the way a baby bunny would be considered adorable. Each of the kids are their own unique character with perfect blends of humor, wit, crudeness, and sensitivity. Watching them interact with each other is extremely entertaining.

The show is packed with government secrets, monsters, supernatural powers, 80’s nostalgia, and more. It has a perfect mix of horror, humor, mystery, and romance, so it is easily appealing to all audiences. The sense of mystery is so gripping that it will keep you glued to the screen till the very end.

So, stop whatever you’re doing, pause the new show you put on, and turn on Stranger Things!

Sophomore Communications major involved with Her Campus and The Signal at TCNJ. She is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta.
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.