This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

As an avid watcher of reality TV, I could not wait to binge the new season of The Circle. This season was full of different twists and turns that was unlike any other season. In my review I’ll share some of my favorite players, the twists, and ultimately the winner of The Circle season 3!

The Players 

The players were essential to the success of this season. They were Daniel, Ruksana, Kai, Matthew (A.K.A. Ashley), Sophia (A.K.A. Isabella), Calvin, Michelle, Ava and Chanel, Rachel (A.K.A. Jackson), James, and Jacki. They were all so genuine, witty, and entertaining. Some of my personal favorites include Daniel, Ruksana, Matthew (playing as Ashley), and Kai. Daniel and Ruksana were a dynamic duo from the start. I loved watching their mom and son relationship develop throughout the show. Although Matthew was playing as a catfish, he was so genuine the entire season and played with his heart. He opened up a lot about his experience being in the LGBTQ+ community, which added to his authentic and likeable character. Kai was a threat to the other players from the beginning because of how sweet, funny, and down to earth she was. She was always positive throughout the entire season and the other contestants felt that energy from her. 

The Twists 

What I thought made this season of the circle better and more entertaining than the first two were the twists. From eliminated players coming in as a “clone” of another contestant to having a contestant playing two people at once, the twists and turns of season 3 definitely kept me on my feet the entire season. Ava and Chanel were the first to be eliminated from the Circle but they got a second chance at playing. All they had to do was choose what player’s profile they wanted to clone and they picked Michelle. This made the season much more interesting because it was fun watching all of the other players trying to guess who was the real Michelle. After Calvin was eliminated, he gifted Nick with a burner profile named Vince. He used this extra profile to gain information on other players and to find out what the other contestants thought of him. Overall, the twists in this season kept the show from being boring and repetitive.

The Winner  

The thirteenth episode of the season was the finale. James, Kai, Nick, Matthew (A.K.A. Ashley), and Isabella (A.K.A. Sophia) were the top five contestants. Nick came in fifth place, fourth place went to Kai, third place was Sophia, Matthew got second place, and first place went to James. Personally, out of the final five I wanted Matthew to win the most, I thought that he deserved it because he went through the whole show as a catfish but still remained true to himself. I liked James’ personality but he came into the game late and I think that he had it easier than the other players who were there from the beginning. Even though I was upset with the outcome I still loved the season. It was my favorite season so far and I can’t wait for the next one! 

Emma is a junior at TCNJ majoring in Sociology! Emma is really passionate about sustainability and women's rights. Some of her likes include music, astrology, painting, yoga, and rollerskating!