Meet Louis Cacchione

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

I recently was able to interview junior, Louis Cacchione.  Cacchione is a double major pursuing a Bachelors degree in Communication Studies, with a concentration in radio, television, film production and animation, and Interactive Multimedia. He started his first internship the summer of his freshman year as a Production Assistant at Entertainment Tonight for CBS. He spoke about his experience there saying it was a really exciting place to start off.

Having this position gave him the opportunity to meet many of our favorite celebrities on the red carpet. Any Gossip Girl fan would jump at the chance to meet Blake Lively at the premier of The Shallows and guess who got to interview her? Cacchione also told me how he was able to meet JoJo, the singer of hits such as “Too Little, Too Late” and “Leave.” Other people Cacchione was excited to interview were Kevin Hart, and Louis C.K.

This summer Cacchione interned for Malka Media, a production company that works with ShowTime. This summer he was able to conduct numerous interviews and attend press conferences for the fight of the season: McGregor vs. Mayweather. This great internship landed him a part time job, and Cacchione now commutes into the city once a week to continue his experience at Malka Media. 

Cacchione, who is most commonly referred to by his friends as Lou, was a member of LTV here at TCNJ before he found himself juggling his double majors and time consuming internship. However, he still squeezes in some time to be involved his fraternity as a brother of Phi Alpha Delta fraternity.

After Cacchione graduates, he plans to move to California to pursue more career-related opportunities.   

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.