This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation

For the longest time I believed my Mac Studio Fluid Fix was my new favorite foundation. Until I came across an ad for Il Makiage on Instagram and I thought it wouldn’t hurt to try it since they let you try it for free for 14 days. This foundation is a dream in a bottle. It blends seamlessly into the skin and has a demi-matte finish. It has buildable coverage and never looks cakey. If you surprisingly don’t like the foundation, you can return it for free within 14 days of buying it (you probably won’t return it though). 

Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

My sister has very long lashes (lucky her) but they droop down and this mascara is the only one that curls her lashes. The wand is curved and the bristles give you the most natural-looking lashes. Also, this mascara never clumps! I like to pair it with my Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara to spread out my lashes or I’ll wear it alone with some light makeup. 

Fenty Beauty Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer 

Fenty Beauty does not mess around when it comes to shade ranges. This bronzer has a whopping 8 shades! Most brands will only have one shade of bronzer but Fenty made sure every person could find their perfect shade. This bronzer made me throw out my Benefit Hoola Bronzer immediately because it was so much better. It lasts the entire day and naturally chisels your face. Hoola used to be my staple bronzer but not anymore!

Huda Beauty Power Bullet Lipstick

I have been a longtime fan of liquid lipsticks because of their long-lasting capability and pigmentation… until I tried this lipstick. This formula is creamy but matte and does NOT budge. It comes in 24 shades and my favorite ones are El Cinco de Mayo (vibrant red), Interview (the perfect nude), and Masquerade (dark maroon-purple). 

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick 

I have wanted to try Jeffree Star’s liquid lipsticks for years but I was normally too broke to pay for shipping. Recently, I bought the mini version to test it and I am shocked. This is the best liquid lipstick formula I have ever used and I have tried liquid lipsticks from 11 different brands. This formula does not dry out the lips and is very easy to apply. WARNING, THIS FORMULA IS VERY LONG LASTING AND REQUIRES A CLEANSING OIL TO REMOVE. His lipsticks come in every color you could think of and are vegan and cruelty-free. You can also use his lipsticks as an eyeliner. 

Morphe Setting Spray

This setting spray changed my foundation game. I used to use the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray but I started to feel like it wasn’t as long lasting as it said it was. I knew many beauty gurus use this setting spray so I thought I should give it a try and boy was I right. My face makeup does not transfer AT ALL when I use it. First, I wet my beauty sponge with the setting spray and blend out my foundation and concealer with it. After I set my face with powder, blush, and bronzer, I wet my sponge with the spray again and press it into my face in a dabbing motion. Lastly, I spray my entire face with it after I am done with all my makeup. 

Colourpop Eyeshadow Palettes

When Colourpop first launched their brand, their eyeshadow formula was alright. There was pigmentation but it was patchy and some of their shimmers didn’t apply well. Recently, they changed their formula and took their eyeshadow collections to the next level. There’s more color payoff and they’re easier to blend now. They also have matte eyeshadows, shimmers, pressed glitters, and matte eyeshadows with gold flecks inside in almost all of their palettes. Additionally, there is a palette for absolutely every color combination you can think of. 

Nyx Epic Ink Liquid Eyeliner

Now I love me a good liquid eyeliner (I like to call myself the Queen of Wings) and no formula I have tried compares to this one. This formula is very black and never loses its pigmentation. It flows out of the pen and does not become gray when applied on top of any eyeshadow. It’s also very inexpensive ($9!!) compared to the “renowned” eyeliners at Sephora. This is also a major dupe for the Kat von D Tattoo Liner. 

Hi I’m Anagha!! I’m a senior in college. I love all things beauty, especially makeup and skincare. I review makeup products on my beauty account on Instagram @beautybyanagha. I am always watching out for new collections so expect content whenever anything drops :)
President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!