Make the Most of a Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Winter has finally descended upon TCNJ as snowfall and chilling temperatures force students to stay confined in their dorm rooms. Even though snow days mean cancelled classes, the boredom might have you wishing for your classes again. Here are a couple of tips to get you through these long days trapped inside.

Make fun snacks.

Without classes, all your free time can be used to experiment with the food already stocked in your room (or easily bought at the C-store).  Try making some dorm s’mores (all you need are graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate) or hot chocolate (melted chocolate and milk).

Play games.

If you’ve already played too many rounds of Cards Against Humanity and Bananagrams, whip out your smart phone to find an array of new creative and fun games. Try your hand at Trivia Crack, or get a group together for Ellen’s Heads Up!

Treat yourself to a spa day.

Winter wind and cold deprives the skin of essential nutrients and moisture. Rejuvenate your skin with a DIY face-mask. The fresh ingredients will make your skin feel softer and appear brighter!

Snowball Fights and Snowmen

Let your inner-child out by enjoying a day with snow. Build a snowman or find a hill to go sledding. Before you know it, warmer temperatures will arrive and you won’t get the chance!

A Sophomore Biology major at The College of New Jersey, who has an affinity for fashion, beauty, pop culture, and anything with humor!