This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

To my big sister,

Our sisterhood goes beyond DNA and a shared household; it is truly one of a kind. My childhood memories are plastered with your presence and guidance. I can still remember all of the times that we have laughed until (mainly) I cried, and we are still continuing those times. As we have gotten older, our bond has become so much stronger. I know I don’t say it enough, and I don’t think I ever could, but I love you so much. I love you way more than you probably believe. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing person in my life. You are so incredibly strong and beautiful, and you’re passionate enough to take over the world. Your drive never seizes to amaze me, and you are capable of accomplishing everything you want.

Having a role model like you has shaped me into the person I am today, and I cannot thank you enough for that. You inspire me to try new things and stand up for myself and my beliefs. Watching you accomplish great things has inspired me to follow in your footsteps.

Thank you for listening to me endlessly complain about inconveniences in my life. Thank you for always picking up the phone when I call or text. Thank you for telling me when I’m wrong instead of letting me think I’m right. Thank you for constantly being there for me and watching my back. Thank you for the endless laughs and stupid fights. Thank you for letting me borrow your clothes (even when you don’t know I borrowed them). Thank you for being my keeper of secrets. Most importantly, thank you for picking me up and brushing me off when I fall down.

Not everyone is as lucky as I am to have a powerful and great sister by their side. Some sisters share a completely different relationship than we do, but I am so grateful that we are best friends. I will always be here for you, even when we are fighting. I know we fight sometimes, but we all have our differences. We forgive and forget because that’s what sisters do. Thank you for being so much more than my big sister.

I love you up to the sky and back again.

XOXO,

Your little sis

Emily is a junior at The College of New Jersey. She is double majoring in Elementary Special Education and English.