Let Me Introduce You to Down To Dash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

I’ve recently become a Marketing Intern for a revolutionizing startup. Down To Dash is an app geared towards college students that enables us to form friendships, social and professional networks, and even gain experience through our internships.

The app allows a student to connect with students at TCNJ and at other universities across the country. After downloading the app and signing up for a free account, you can post if you’re at a sporting event, concert – any place where you’d like to attend and find other students in your area to join you.

Let’s say it’s a Tuesday night and you really want to go to RedBerry, but all of your friends are in class and you don’t want to go alone. What can you do? Post an event on Down To Dash and find a friend to go with you. It’s safe and secure, because you will network with other TCNJ students and you have the opportunity to meet students you may not have met otherwise.

Not only can you meet new people, but you can find new interests. Maybe someone you meet on this app is going to a restaurant that you never knew about. If you tag along with them, you might end up finding a new place to eat! Perhaps someone you meet will introduce you to a newfound hobby. The possibilities are endless. There are students who even found jobs and internships because of students that they have met through the app. With summer quickly approaching, it’s another venue to possibly find that perfect summer position.

Down To Dash also offers internships to students in a variety of different areas including marketing and social media internships, so the app is truly the best of both worlds. You get to make new friends and develop your career all at the same time – what could be better than that?

You can check out more of what it’s all about here.

Alyssa is a senior English major at TCNJ who loves to read, write, listen to music, and spend time with her friends, family, and dog. She is currently a Features Editor for HCTCNJ. 
TCNJ Senior Journalism major, Interactive Multimedia minor.