The Key to Back-to-School Style: Cute but Comfy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

This year, as you return to campus in the heat, think – “CUTE BUT COMFORTABLE.” Nothing is worse than a hot mess. The key is to stay cool, while still looking fashionable. Now, you may be wondering, “how do I do this?” The answers are in…

1. FLOWY DRESSES! Tight dresses in the heat can be a wreck – all sticky and riding up on you! No, no! Think flowy- as long as they are still cute, short and fashionable. Flowy dresses are a great way to stay cool and breezy in the heat, and continue to look GOOD on campus.

Forever 21

Aria Montgomery, star in the show Pretty Little Liars, is the queen of rocking the flowy dresses!

2. BACKPACKS!

Nothing is worse than a huge bag breaking your shoulder and weighing you down as you walk across campus. No one wants to be hot and bothered, and shoulder bags tend to do this. Face it – they are heavy and annoying. So, try a fashionable and comfy backpack! Feel free and adorable!

Urban Outfitters

Target

3. IN YOUR FASHIONABLE BACKPACK, ALWAYS KEEP A CARDIGAN!
You all know how it could be freezing in your classroom! So, to be comfortable and still look cute, carry one of these little cardigans around at all times! All from Forever 21…

4. STICK WITH FLIP FLOPS OR BOAT SHOES!
We all know sandals, especially these days, can be absolutely adorable. However, in the heat, walking long distances to classes, sometimes sandals can turn into a disaster. Making your feet sweat and giving your heels and toes blisters is not fun! SO, stick with your ordinary flip flops or even boat shoes! Boat shoes dress up any outfit and make it cute but casual.

Sperry’s

TJ Maxx

Payless

5. STUDS!
Dangling earrings are my absolute favorite, but when walking around and in class all day, go with studs! They don’t weigh you down or distract you and they don’t hurt. They are perfect for back to school style- cute, colorful and fun! Forever 21 has a million to chose from!

Now you have all the answers girls, so, I don’t want to hear any complaining! Be comfy, good luck this year!

Jessica is one half of the fantastic duo founding Her Campus on the leafy suburban campus that is The College of New Jersey. A Journalism major and Communications minor in the Class of 2012, she is a native of Pennsylvania and an adoptive resident of New Jersey. That's why she can't fist pump, but can pump gas. Before Her Campus, Jessica was a newspaper reporter, communications assistant and world traveler, having studied and interned abroad in London. When she's not writing or talking up a storm, Jessica can be found bargain shopping, catching up on a good book, fiddling with her camera or attempting to stay in shape. Other passions include hummus, tickling those ivories on the piano, meeting new people and all things Her Campus.