Jimmy O’Connor ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

By Aleta Nadolny

Keep an eye out for this week’s campus cutie, Jimmy O’Connor! Whether he’s practicing with his team, slack lining in front of the education building, or studying hard in the library, Jimmy is sure to be all smiles! A beach boy at heart, Jimmy loves all things outdoors and enjoys participating in all different kinds of sports and activities. Even though his schedule is jam packed, he remains extremely active and involved in the TCNJ community. With a stunning smile and a heart of gold, he’s sure to turn heads all around campus. Meet Jimmy!

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Ocean City, New Jersey

Age/year: 20, Junior

Major: Physics and Secondary Ed

Campus Organizations: TCNJ Indoor Track, TCNJ Outdoor Track, Physics Club, President of TCNJ Engage

Post grad plans:  Right after I graduate I’d love to go out to California and catch up on sports and activities that I haven’t been able to do because of school, like rock climbing, white water kayaking, skydiving, and surfing.  Eventually I want to settle down and teach high school physics, and teach yoga in the summer.

Favorite place you’ve ever traveled: Ireland

Favorite band/musician: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Favorite movie: No Country for Old Men

Favorite book: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

If you could be somebody else for a day, who would you be and why? – Morgan Freeman, so I could be the voice of God in every movie.

Biggest turn on: A girl who isn’t afraid to be silly

Biggest turn off: I’m not a big fan of cigarette smoking

Celebrity Crush: Scarlett Johansson

If you had a time machine, what time would you travel to– I would travel to the 1990s, during Nickelodeon’s golden age of cartoons.

Ideal first date- Just hanging out at the beach

Favorite meal: Pizza with every single meat topping, pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, ham, bacon, the “meaty” works.

Hobbies:  I love to slack line, surf, listen to music, and play guitar.  I actually enjoy unicycling as well. I also like archery, and eating copious amounts of food.

Favorite thing about TCNJ: Being able to have a personal relationship with professors, because the class sizes are so small. I also like the size of TCNJ in general. It’s big enough where I’ll still meet a new person every day, but small enough so that I don’t have to eat alone at Eick ever.