This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

A princess should always find her Prince Charming right? Well… if you count a few frogs along the way then yeah sure! And girly, let me tell you I have had my fair share of frogs. When going through a whirlwind of emotions and realizing that the person who you once believed was “your person” is simply not “your person” anymore it becomes the craziest experience. And, an experience that was by no means easy or painless. But, let me tell you…when you find your person, it feels like your heart wants to explode into a million different pieces because it is consumed with so much love. Your heart is filled with so much emotion it doesn’t know how to hold it all. How do you know if he is your Prince Charming? Ask yourself these questions:

#1 Does that person make me laugh? Like, truly laugh.

If I could bold this statement and put it in one-hundred-point font, I would. I have been in many relationships that were filled with so much negativity and hate towards one another. At the beginning of these relationships, it was different. We loved each other, (or so we thought it was love) and we made each other happy. But, over time we became enemies and strangers towards each other. My biggest advice to you is fall in love through a friendship first. You are in no rush to jump right into a relationship. Make sure you make each other constantly laugh and smile. If there are a lot more tears rather than laughs, then you know that someone is not the one for you. 

#2 Does that person help me grow as a person?

Allow yourself to be with someone who encourages you to chase your dreams and passions. Make sure it’s someone who doesn’t let you settle for anything less than what you deserve. The person who you share your life should motivate you in every aspect of your life. Even when you feel like it is impossible this person makes you believe that it is possible. A person who lets you flourish and make your own choices will always stand by your side. Make sure you never stop growing until you find the best version of yourself that you could be. 

#3 Does that person make me feel good about myself?

The size of your jeans or the amount of makeup you wear does not define your beauty in any way. The way you allow yourself to be happy and a good person defines you. Every girl wants to be called pretty and beautiful and you absolutely should be complimented a million times a day. BUT… there needs to come a time where you can look in front of a mirror and learn that you simply do not need a man to allow yourself to believe that you are gorgeous in every way. Society has allowed us, girls, to believe that a size 2 in jeans determines the way men look at us. Heck, I used to believe that, and it did not lead me down a pretty path—or a healthy path for that matter. The way you look at yourself is the way other people will look at you. If you believe you are the sexiest person to walk the planet than the people admiring, you will believe you are the sexiest person on the planet. If you walk around with all the confidence in the world, I promise you that your life will get a lot easier.

#4 Does this person give you butterflies?

The feeling of little butterflies flying around in your stomach when you catch one glimpse of the person you love is the scariest feeling in the world—but also the best feeling in the world. Even if you have been with your significant other for years you should always feel gitty and overwhelmed (in a good way) because that person should be the one person in the world who even on your worst day makes you feel as if everything is ok. My advice to you is to never allow yourself to let those butterflies fade because once they are gone you can never get them back. Let yourself continuously fall in love and evolve.

Emma Pascarella is a Senior attending The College of New Jersey. Emma is majoring in Journalism&Professional writing with a minor in Psychology in hopes to be a broadcast journalist when she graduates! Emma is also a member on the women’s soccer team at The College of New Jersey. XOXO