This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Think about the amount of thoughts you have in a day. Then think about the amount of actions you perform in a day. We are constantly using our internal thought processes to live out our lives.

I underestimated the power of putting your thoughts into writing. In terms of manifestation and overall achievement, I believe putting things into physical writing is the first step to accomplishing them. Along with our hopes and dreams, writing out our fears, struggles, and confusions is also vital in managing them. 

I have collected many journals and notebooks in the past, but I recently got my first instruction/prompt based journal for Christmas. This journal has a section where you can write out your manifestations, and then come up with specific action steps to go about them. There is also a dream section every few pages where you can write out a recent dream you had, and break down exactly what it could mean to you and your life.

Writing out things can help you acknowledge a thought that could lead to a bigger picture. The mind is very good at devaluing situations and brushing things off, or convincing you that something is not worth looking into. While some thoughts are better off disregarded, others are worth taking the time on. 

To anyone who may feel like their mind is scattered or filled to capacity, I highly recommend journaling. It doesn’t have to be a fancy notebook, and you don’t have to write everyday for an hour or anything (I most certainly don’t), but taking 5-10 minutes as much as you can during the week can be extremely beneficial to your overall mental space. I believe journaling is almost like typography based meditation, you sort of just zone out and get things out without even realizing. With all that we need to get done in the day, writing out our thoughts can make more room for information, clarity, and focus, and can help us come to terms with ideas or feelings that we may need to recognize.

Grace Reynoso is a Senior Communications Major with a Public/Mass Media track. She is originally from Ridgewood, New Jersey and has always been into all things beauty, fashion, and music! Grace also loves creating new looks on her makeup page and writing songs! Follow her on Instagram: @grace.reynoso, her makeup IG @glossbygracie_, and on Spotify: @urfriendgrace