With the new semester in full swing, it is important to be able to come back to a relaxing place at the end of the day. Our dorm rooms/ apartments should feel like a home away from home, and here are some tips to achieve a cozy, comfortable space:
- Posters- Fill up your walls with posters of your favorite bands, paintings, and even style inspiration from magazines. Add stuff you have from your room back home and then add other pieces to make a collage!
- Fuzzy Blankets- You can never go wrong with a fuzzy blanket. It adds a cute touch to your bedding and with the colder months approaching, you will definitely want one to curl up and relax after a long day of class
- Plants- Potted succulents are super cute and make the room feel more alive. You can have just one or mix and match with different types and sizes! Create a garden either by a windowsill or even as a desk decoration.
- Photo Collage- There are so many ways to create a cool photo collage. Add photos from the summer, your best friends, family members, and favorite pets. Whenever you look at it you will be reminded of all the amazing people and things waiting for you back home.
- Artwork/ Canvases- If you have the time, create a piece of art to hang in your dorm! You can freehand, look up ideas on Pinterest, or have a painting party with friends. This adds a personal touch and it’s a great feeling to have something in your room that you created.