How I Feel Entering My Last Semester of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Last year, I wrote an article about only having one year left of college, and now I’m writing an article to describe how I feel about starting my last semester. Though, I must say, it is nearly impossible to put into words.  

I remember entering my freshman year of college, and everyone I know told me to enjoy my four years, because they would go by fast. Of course, I didn’t believe them at the time and shrugged them off, but the truth is, they were all right.  

Somehow, I’m sitting here writing this article as I’m about to start my last semester of college, and that thought is incredibly frightening. When I look back on all the memories I’ve made, the classes I’ve taken, the clubs I’ve been involved in, and the people I’ve met, I’m shocked by how quickly it all flew by. It just doesn’t seem like it can be possible that I’m graduating in four months.  

When I first started my senior year, I made a promise to myself that I was going to have fun and really enjoy it, especially since I’d been so focused on my studies in the earlier years of college, and now as I enter my last semester, I plan to keep up that mentality. I’m so proud of everything I’ve accomplished throughout my college experience, from my grades to my internships to my executive board positions, but I’m also incredibly grateful for the times I spent with my friends, my boyfriend, my family, and others, because I truly believe that having people by your side throughout college who support you is the key to success.  

There are a million different articles written about what you should major in, what you should get involved in, why you should live on campus, why you should commute, etc., but through my experience, I’ve realized that all that really matters is that you’re doing what makes you happy. In my opinion, there’s no right or wrong way to do college because college is the time to learn as much as you can about yourself, your interests, and your passions. College is the time to explore, and that can mean literally anything from the new show on Netflix to a new country in Europe.  

While I listened to some people’s advice and didn’t listen to other people’s advice when it came to college, I know that I will be walking at graduation with a smile on my face because of how much I’ve grown in such a short period of time, and although it sounds extremely cliché, college truly is what you make of it.  

Alyssa is a senior English major at TCNJ who loves to read, write, listen to music, and spend time with her friends, family, and dog. She is currently a Features Editor for HCTCNJ. 
Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.