How to Get the Perfect Day Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

We’ve all seen those girls (or are those girls) who show up to class with what looks like Tuesday night’s makeup. On closer examination, it appears to be a freshly caked on cosmetics. Gray eye shadow at 10 a.m.? Wearing too much makeup during the day is a very common mistake. Here is a simple way to cover your blemishes and embrace your natural beauty during the day.

What you will need:

• An eyelash curler, which you can
    find at most drug stores.
  • Foundation that matches your complexion like Rimmel London’s 25-hour foundation ($7 most drug stores).
  • Concealer that matches your complexion like Cover Girl’s lnvisible Concealer ($6 most drug stores).
  • Cream blush like ULTA’s Extreme Wear Mousse Blush (S7 ULTA Beauty).
  • Black Mascara like L’Oreal’s Voluminous mascara (S7 most drug stores).
  • Lip balm-any brand, any flavor. lt should just add a little shimmer to your lips.

Steps:
1. Dab and blend concealer under eyes and over any blemishes.
2. Apply foundation to your entire face and don’t forget to blend it into your neck!
3. Dab the cream blush onto the apples of your cheeks.
4. Curl your lashes and apply mascara starting at the roots of your lashes and working up.
5. Apply lip balm.

These simple steps will save you time in the morning and give you the perfect look for all of your daily activities.

Jessica is one half of the fantastic duo founding Her Campus on the leafy suburban campus that is The College of New Jersey. A Journalism major and Communications minor in the Class of 2012, she is a native of Pennsylvania and an adoptive resident of New Jersey. That's why she can't fist pump, but can pump gas. Before Her Campus, Jessica was a newspaper reporter, communications assistant and world traveler, having studied and interned abroad in London. When she's not writing or talking up a storm, Jessica can be found bargain shopping, catching up on a good book, fiddling with her camera or attempting to stay in shape. Other passions include hummus, tickling those ivories on the piano, meeting new people and all things Her Campus.