woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

How to Decorate Your Graduation Cap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With graduation a week away, seniors have many things to prepare for before the big day.  Exams are ending and senior week has yet to begin so now is the perfect time to decorate your cap for graduation! So Her Campus TCNJ has put together a step by step guide to help collegiettes stand out on graduation day!

For my cap I thought ahead on the design I wanted and then bought all my supplies. 

In attempts to not mess up the decorating process, the first step was sketching the design. 

Next, I began the painting. 

Prepare for a lot of coats! 

To finish it, off I edged the cap in pearls.

Voilá! A beautiful cap for graduation.  And if you are hesitant to decorate your cap but don’t want to miss out, you can always enlist the help of a more artististic friend, like I did.

Happy decorating collegiettes!

HCXO

Katherine Aebischer is a senior Anthropology student at The College of New Jersey.
Hilarey Wojtowicz is a senior Journalism/Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey. Hilarey works for TCNJ's Residential Education and Housing Department as a Community Advisor, but is truly aspiring to be the next Carrie Bradshaw. Not only does Hilarey love writing for her campus's chapter of Her Campus, but she enjoys writing about sports for local newspapers, as well. A true Jersey girl at heart, Hilarey is definitely not from the Boston area, but is a huge fan of the New England Patriots. You can find her interning in New York City this Fall at Woman's Day Magazine.