sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

By: Ashley Thomas

It’s that time of year again, you got it, gift season! Now I know that it may be difficult to find the perfect gift for the special people in your life whether it be a new guy you are dating, a long term boyfriend, co-workers, teammates, etc. This guide will set you on the right path!

For your new man:

Things are heading in the right direction.  You know you are not “just friends” but you have not made it official yet.  You still think it would be considerate to get him a gift for the holidays. Try getting him a gift card to a store he likes.  Stores like  Amazon and iTunes are safe  because he’ll easily be able to find something that suits his specific style.  

You can also make him something small and funny that shows that you were thinking about him. Whatever the gift may be,  just make sure to keep it light and fun.

For your long-term boyfriend:

Get creative and gear your gift  towards his personality. Sophomore Danielle Schweizer said, “I love being creative and I think it means a lot to make things yourself. For one of my previous boyfriends, I made a collage of all things he was interested in: skateboarding, concerts, etc. He loved it!”

If DIY isn’t your thing, feel free to splurge on something special for him!  If he’s a sports buff, get him tickets to his favorite team’s game or the jersey of his favorite player. If he’s been eyeing a really nice pair of kicks, this is your time to go for it. He’ll appreciate the gift no matter what!

For your co-workers:

Picking a good gift for people that you work with is no easy task. You want to be considerate and make the gifts personal, but still remain professional. Give them something small like a candle in their favorite color or a hand-made basket full of their favorite candy products. These gifts show that you thought about them, while not getting too personal.

For your sorority sisters and teammates:

These are your girls! Your teammates and your best friends. You spend most of your time with these collegiettes and you know practically everything about them.  This is a perfect time to give the silliest gift or one that is really heartfelt. If one of your girls loves a certain show or movie, get them a DVD or poster about it.  If one of your besties really likes to write, consider getting her a new journal to show your support.

The gifts you give should be fun and reflect the individual that you are giving it to. Pay attention in conversation with them and see if there is something that they keep talking about or.  You’ll then be able to input this information into the gift that you are giving them, making it unique and heartfelt.