A Guide for Fall Events Around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

First semester already kicking your butt? Need some time off campus? Fall festivities are starting to kick off near Ewing and its neighboring towns, and these 4 activities will definitely get you in the autumn spirit! 

IMG Source

There is a fall festival at Mill Hill Park in Trenton, NJ on October 26th. The event will start at 2pm and will run until 8pm. This event is free to attend and has food trucks, art vendors, an open mic, face painting and much more! Support the local community around TCNJ and show support for Mill Hill Park’s first fall festival!

IMG Source

For those who are 21+, Princeton’s Oktoberfest is happening on October 20th! Princeton’s Oktoberfest will be overlooking the Mountain Lakes Nature preservation, a beautiful and tranquil area to enjoy fall themed craft beers and hard ciders, and live music from favorite local bands.Tickets cost $25 and are encouraged to be purchased online. For reservations to this event, click here

IMG Source

A classic and a personal recommendation,Terhune Orchards is the perfect place to get in the autumnal spirit! Eating apple cider doughnuts, picking pumpkins and petting animals is what Terhune Orchards is all about! Tickets are $10 and include access to the harvesting grounds and the petting zoo. Terhune Orchard is open every day from 9am-6pm and is located in Princeton, NJ, a quick drive from TCNJ.

IMG Source

Yes, another fall festival in Princeton! On October 20th from 12:00-2:00 includes food trucks, hayrides and face painting! This event is free and open to everyone in the community! Come out, eat some crepes and donuts, and enjoy the beautiful, brisk fall weather!     

Jillian is a freshman Communication Studies major at TCNJ. Jillian loves music and is currently a part of an acapella group on campus. In her free time, she loves to journal, watch crime documentaries on Netflix and hang with her friends! Jillian wants to develop her writing skills with HCTCNJ so she can have her own successful blog someday! Jillian loves to have a good time and she is looking forward to all her adventures at TCNJ!
Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.