To The Girl That Is Always Told No

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

No. You aren’t good enough. No. You are qualified enough. No. You didn’t make it to the next round.

On a daily basis it seems like we receive more no’s than yes’s. Failure is almost ingrained in our minds as young collegiates.  But when is it too much? When do we take a step back and realize we are good enough?

Sometimes in life what seems like the worst thing to happen can actually be the best.  If I have learned one thing from constantly being let down from school, friends, boys, or jobs it is that everything happens for a reason.  It may not seem like it now but it all really works out for the best.

Yes it sucks, but you need to look forward. Don’t overthink everything you “could” have done but think towards your goals and all the things you “can” do.  Failure is okay.  It makes us stronger, it makes you try harder.  

Don’t give up but use this anger and frustration to keep working towards your goal.  Success doesn’t come easy, but do you really want something if you didn’t even have to try for it? No.

Be you, be original and don’t forget you are a strong, free-willed, and powerful young individual who is taking a step in the right direction.  If something doesn’t work out brush it off and realize it wasn’t meant to be.

We only regret the chances we didn’t take so use this failure to try something new.  Be YOU because you are stronger than you think.  YOU are who is going to change this world.  And YOU are more than the “No” that they said.

And one day when it all works out you will be happy about all the times you were let down.  Because now, you have succeeded.  

Be strong and be the leader you know you can be.

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.