This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Yes, it is really happening! Our favorite mother-daughter duo is returning to Netflix, after being cancelled in 2007. 

It is not yet official who will be returning, as negotiations with the show’s core cast- Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, and Scott Patterson– are still underway. But our hopes are high, especially since Lauren Graham tweeted that she could not deny the rumors: 

The show will be taking on an unusual form on Netflix; instead of one season of 40 minute long episodes, the revival will include four mini-movies- each 90 minutes long.

Yes, an hour and a half each!

And for even more exciting news: each of the mini-movies will be set in a different season over the course of one year. 

The revival will take place in the modern day, about eight years after the show’s original series finale.

(Cue the prayers that we finally see Luke and Lorelai happily married.)

Rumors have it that all of Rory’s former boyfriends- Logan, Jess and Dean– will return. 

Maybe Rory will end up with one of them? Or will she be with someone completely new?!

No one knows the specific details yet, but we can’t wait to find out. 

TCNJ Senior Journalism major, Interactive Multimedia minor.