Get Addicted to These 4 New Fall TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The days get shorter, the air gets chillier and there is no better way to procrastinate studying than binging on TV shows. The usual crowd pleasers are back (cough, Modern Family, cough), but here are a list of some new shows to check out.

1. How To Get Away with Murder

When you’re finding your homework a bit boring, tune into this new show about law school. Viola Davis stars as the demanding law professor who offers only a few students the opportunity to work alongside her. Her offer can be life-changing and the start to a wonderful career, but just what price are her students willing to pay to get there?  Several soon find themselves involved in a murder case, and the only way out might be to pull off the perfect crime…

2. Selfie

Doctor Who’s Karen Gillan stars as a woman with complete social media dominance. That is, until she finds herself in a tough situation, and sees that her “friends” are not friends in real life. In order to put her life back together, Gillan’s character, Eliza Dooley, enlists marketer Henry Higenbottom (John Cho!) to help her out. A modern twist on My Fair Lady.

3. A to Z

If you still are pining for Joseph Gordon-Levitt  due to his performance in 500 Days of Summer, this new show might be able to help you move on from the reality that never will be…(sorry). The show is about two people, Andrew and Zelda, and every day of their relationship. While the show seems like it might be a bit predictable (I don’t think a break-up is in the future) it will hopefully highlight the ups and downs that every relationship has.

4. Black-ish

This TV show explores the cultural identity of one man and his family as they raise their kids in suburbia. Although the show will hit on heavy material, it promises comedic undertones. The show stars comedian Anthony Anderson, and Tracee Ellis Ross plays his biracial wife Rainbow.