Formal Fashions Straight from the Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s that time of year again collegiettes: formal season. Are you looking for a new and exciting way to spice up your formal wear? Are you also drooling over the beautiful dresses that celebrities wear to formal events? A website called thecelebritydresses.com has created an option to make dressing like the stars attainable and affordable for everyday girls like us!

This website categorizes formal wear by occasion and by red carpet events. The red carpet event section offers dresses seen on red carpets for the Oscars, the Golden Globes, the Grammys, the SAG awards, and more. These are not the actual designer dresses, but practically identical replicas that are available in your size and in price ranges from around $70-$200. These dresses are not only affordable, but they may be the perfect option if you’re looking for a dress similar to one that inspired you in your search for a formal dress. You won’t have to search anywhere else for a dress that looks just like one you loved when you saw it on a celeb.

There is also a section on this website based on the occasion of the event you are about to attend. These events include evening dresses, cocktail dresses, homecoming dresses, semi formal dresses, and more.  Here you can find celeb looks based on the event you are about to attend. They also offer more selections of dresses besides ones worn by celebs in these sections as well.

thecelebritydresses.com is a great way to change up your formal dress this season. You may have been hunting through stores in the mall for a dress that looks just like the one you saw Jennifer Lawrence wearing at an award show, but at this site you can find that exact dress for a price that doesn’t have a designer label but looks just like it and is affordable for you. So, don’t stress out in Forever 21 when you are scrambling through racks of dresses trying to find the perfect one. Your best formal dress may just be a click away where you can dress like a real celebrity!