Style

Five Ways to Spice Up a Fall Outfit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

While temperatures begin to drop around this time of year, it can be easy to fall into the routine of rolling out of bed and throwing on a pair of sweatpants without the motivation or effort to look stylish. Here are five simple ways to spice up an outfit that give the illusion you put thought into it.

1. Headbands

IMG Source

It’s hard to want to look presentable every day and do your hair. One way to make it look like you put effort into a boring look is by adding a patterned or colored headband to a simple braid or bun. It will completely erase the image that makes it look like you just woke up and add a fun element to your look.

1. Cool Jewelry

A simple choice in jewelry can be more powerful than you think. A plain outfit can go from a five to ten with the effortless addition of hoop earrings or a gold necklace. Especially with the layering jewelry trend, it will look like you put a lot of thought into a standard outfit.

1. Printed Pants

IMG Source

Comfort is a big part of choosing an outfit, hence why we are so susceptible to choosing our favorite leggings or sweats over our jeans. However, a pair of printed pants can make a huge difference to the way you look. This is an easy way to add flare without going too far out of our comfort zone. It has the same feel as sweatpants and is more flattering on the body.

1. Fun Printed Socks

Printed socks are making a comeback. They can be worn with simple white sneakers, Vans, Converse and more. They are an easy method to add a subtle surprise to an otherwise generic jeans and sneakers combo. This is also a great way to add a personal touch to your outfits.

1. Belts

IMG Source

Belts can add edginess to a pair of simple, old jeans. With the variety of so many belt options within trends today, such as cheetah prints, leather, or even translucent, you are bound to find one that fits any outfit.

Kyra is a junior at TCNJ with a major in Communication Studies (Public & Mass specialty) and a minor in Marketing. She is a member of Delta Phi Epsilon and enjoys fashion, beauty, and entertainment.
Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.