Five Television Fan-Favorite Shows We Can’t Wait To See Back On Our Screens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Along with Pumpkin Spice Lattes and fall sweaters, my favorite thing about fall is the return of all my favorite TV shows. After a summer without some of our favorite shows, I know I can not wait to see these back on my screen.

1. Grey’s Anatomy

Last season left us with our jaws to the floor with the return of Lexie, Mark, and of course McDreamy. Many thought with so many iconic characters returning this could be the end, but Grey’s had other plans. Grey’s Anatomy is now returning for the 18th season on September 30. What could top season 17 and all its wondrous returns? Well, the return of Kate Walsh as Addison Montgomery of course. And if Grey’s Anatomy announced that big return then they definitely have more up their sleeves this season. 

2. Law And Order; Special victims Unit

Olivia Benson is back and ready for plenty of new cases. After last season’s case being left open-ended, it seems it will continue into the 23rd season. The show is now returning on September 23rd with a two-hour premiere. After the teaser revealing Olivia getting driven off the road and an appearance by Stabler, fans are counting down the days until their favorite crime drama returns. 

3. You

Joe Goldberg is coming back to us after an almost two-year hiatus due to the pandemic. Netflix’s hit show, You, is coming back on October 15th starring Penn Badgley and Victoria Pedretti as the leads. When we last saw Joe and Love, Love was pregnant and Joe already spotted his next victim, his next-door neighbor. A new trailer released this past week shows that Joe is back to his old ways and is taking his newborn with him.

4. All American

With so many jaw-dropping cliffhangers in last season’s finale, fans are patiently waiting for the return of the CW show. After last season’s whirlwind for Spencer and the rest of the gang, fans are wondering what is ahead for the character in the future. Returning for its 4th season on October 25th, many are patiently waiting to hear the answers to their burning questions. If you thought the finale left you with a bunch of questions, well this season’s trailer leaves you with more. It especially has everyone asking “What is the fate of Coop?”

5. Gossip Girl

When HBO Max announced there would be a Gossip Girl reboot, fans of the original went into a tizzy over the remodeling of everyone’s favorite teen drama. However, after the premiere of the first half of the season, the opinions of the audience quickly changed. It seems everyone has fallen for this new generation of Upper East-Siders. With so many unanswered questions left in the mid-season finale, many are anticipating the return of the HBO reboot in November 2021. 

Isabella is a sophomore at TCNJ studying Communication Studies. As a huge pop culture lover, she hopes to one day become a Public Relations Specialist in the entertainment world. She loves music, especially Doja Cat, SZA, and Olivia Rodrigo. Isabella will binge-watch any tv show you give her. She also loves a good coffee date and a trip to NYC.