This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Image Source

After sitting through several Fenty Beauty YouTube reviews, I must say Rihanna hit the nail on the head with this one. For all you beauty gurus, Rihanna recently launched her Fenty Beauty cosmetic line on September 8, 2017, and it has blown up since.

Her collection consists of the KILLAWAT Freestyle Highlighters, which includes four highlighters that come in pairs of two with unique names like Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal, Mean Money/ Hu$tla Baby, Girl Next Door/Chic Phreak, and Ginger Binge/Moscow Mule; and two exclusive highlighters called Trophy Wife and Metal Moon.

The line also features the Pro Filt’r Primer, Invisimatte Mattifying Powder, one Universal Lip Illuminator Gloss Bomb fit for all skin types, foundation and highlighting brushes, a precision makeup sponge, and finally the MATCH STIX Cream Illuminating Shimmer Skinstick, available in 10 shades. This can also be purchased as a Match Stix Trio, which includes the concealer, contour, and highlight ranging in four different shades. The cool part about the Match Stix is that they are magnetic – who wouldn’t love that? This makes it so much easier for you to carry around in your bag.

But, the most important product in Rihanna’s beauty line that stole the show is the Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation. This is the highlight of her collection because it comes in 40 SHADES! Yes, you read that right! The shades range from 100, being the lightest shade all the way to 490, the darkest shade. Rihanna certainly raised the bar high for existing and incoming beauty lines.

Rihanna invested two years in this project and decided to put all her focus on complexion. She wanted to make a beauty line that included females of all shades, which, if you haven’t noticed is hard to come across. Surprisingly enough, the darker foundation shades have been selling out rapidly and women all over the world are raving about Fenty Beauty. What’s more, Rihanna certainly helped us out with this one, collegiettes, because her prices are affordable; some may say it’s even cheaper than other cosmetic brands’ products.

But enough with the nitty gritty, let’s get into details on whether the products are worth the hype. I’ve sat through tons of YouTube videos and not once did I hear anyone say the products were a flop. The end result is supposed to be a natural ‘no makeup’ look. Its shimmery highlighters are sure to give you a flawless natural glow. But remember, the Trophy Wife KILLAWAT highlighter is extremely pigmented, so keep this in mind when applying it on your face. The products are easy to blend and does not cake up when applied to the face.

I had the pleasure of trying on the foundation and I was very impressed by how natural my face looked. The foundation almost looked as if it was my actual skin! Keep in mind that the foundation is matte so it will definitely give you a soft, natural look. Unfortunately, I didn’t try the other products, but based on the reviews I’ve seen, Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty line is sure to be everyone’s go-to. It doesn’t stop there because Rihanna is going to launch her Holiday Collection on October 13! This collection will be called The Fenty Beauty Galaxy Collection and it will feature lipsticks, glosses, and eyeliners! Items will be available to purchase online and in Sephora stores.

Cover Image Source

Ashley Franklin graduated The College of New Jersey with a BS in Marketing and minor in Communications. During her time at TCNJ, she actively contributed to their Her Campus chapters' online magazine, taking on many roles from Marketing/Publicity Coordinator to Social Media Specialist. She's a lover of all things fashion, beauty and food--and enjoys binge-watching the latest Netflix series (Gossip Girl being one of her faves).
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.