February 7th- National Send A Card To A Friend Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

February 7th is National Send A Card To A Friend Day!

When the holiday was first established, they didn’t have technology like we do now, and sending cards and letters was the norm. Most people today don’t send out a lot of cards or letters, because of how easy it is to use technology instead. For example, to catch up with friends, you might text, call, Snapchat, Tweet, or send a Facebook message. This is convenient, because we always are thinking about our friends, wondering what they’re up to, or how they’re doing, and miss seeing them; and using technology to reach out to someone is so easy. It’s almost mindless, and you don’t have to think about it much.

But can you really express and write out everything you want to tell them in so many characters or a text message?

We often find that getting a card from a friend or loved one is a pleasant surprise. It makes us feel that someone really took the time to think about us. So whether you buy a cute card from the store or make your own, remember to send your BFF a card this Tuesday to let them know that you’re thinking of them!

TCNJ Senior Journalism major, Interactive Multimedia minor.