This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Warning: Juicy, jaw-dropping spoilers from season three/four, as well as predictions, ahead.

IMG Source

This dramatic, soapy CW show has left us all hanging off the literal cliff this past season, but I’m here to tell you that season four might just top the bar of Gargoyle Kings and cults; not to mention Hiram Lodge and his incessant need to send Archie to jail… or his death. 

This much is simple: the “core four” of Archie, Veronica, Jughead, and Betty are going to be highlighted this season, but if we take a look at the last scene in the season three finale, Jughead is missing and the other three are covered in what could quite possibly be his blood.

IMG Source

In the short clip, Betty forces Archie to throw the beanie in the bonfire during their spring break and everyone looks stunned. Is he dead? Is he a part of a murder and just isn’t in the scene? Personally, the show would probably lose not only hundreds of thousands of fans, but the show would just be over without him, so no. I do not believe he is dead because if he was, that would mean the end of Riverdale.

Quickly brushing on the topic of deaths, Luke Perry’s tribute will be in the first episode of season four, addressing Riverdale fans as well as paying homage to the late actor. 

After watching the trailer piece by piece I quickly discovered all of the steamy details you want to know. In the montage of clips, Cheryl and Toni are seen making out in the backseat of what looks like a vintage car. They aren’t the only ones seen making out quickly in the trailer; both Bughead and Varchie are seen hooking up in housebound rendezvous. 

Because this season will be focusing on the main four characters, it is a given that there will be some heavy makeout seshs in the future. As per usual, Varchie (now back together again and, of course, in an obsessive love) will most likely battle scandals with her father and his hatred for Ronnie’s red-haired dream that is Archie Andrews. In the season three finale, Hiram says,“You have no idea what’s coming, Mija,” after the clip of Hermoine Lodge being taken away by the FBI.

IMG Source

In one of the final scenes of the trailer, Jughead is trapped in what appears to be a trunk of a car screaming for help. In other parts of the trailer, we see pictures of the crime scene, in which case the Ascension of season three (in case you forgot that everyone of The Farm including Alice Cooper Smith, except for Kevin…)  takes place. 

They are bringing some of the issues from season three into four, so that it’s not as much of a culture shock – like the jump from one murder to the Black hood in season one into season two. Insert eye roll here…. But in another clip, Betty is found in front of school bus at night… possibly meeting someone? Jumping to one clip before that, a silhouette is holding what seems to be a gun in the same scene that Betty is attempting (and failing) to watch her back for whoever is coming. The silhouette, however, looks like a girl with wavy hair and a beret. By the looks of the darkened figure, it could quite possibly be Evelyn Evernever. 

IMG Source

Because of The Farm, Betty is given the opportunity to meet Agent Smith, presumably Charles, her real brother and son of Alice Cooper Smith (not to mention that he’s also Jughead’s half brother!). He will most definitely play a bigger role within this upcoming season. Along with “hellos” and “goodbyes,” we will be bidding farewell to the talented Josie McCoy, who will be moving on to the newest CW show, Katy Keene.

IMG Source

Because Penelope Blossom is currently being sought after, it is most likely that we will be saying goodbye to her character for a big part of season four, too. Mary Andrews will have a bigger role now after the funeral of Fred, and Toni will also be getting more background character development and a deeper involvement with her story, as well as her strong relationship with Cheryl. Another character that will probably get a bigger role this season is none other than the feisty Jellybean Jones, and it will undoubtedly be interesting to see the family dynamics come back into play.

Season four picks back up on October 9th on the CW at 8:00pm EST. Grab your friends and snacks because this 22 episode rollercoaster of sexy scenes and teenage detectives is coming back in full force just in time fall. You better be ready to take on another murder mystery.

IMG Source

Erin is a senior at The College of New Jersey; she majors in Communications and is minoring in Professional Writing and Graphic Design. Erin is currently HCTCNJ's President. When she's not writing, Erin runs on TCNJ's track team; she loves to read, dance around, and spend time with her friends.
President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!