Emma Pasula and her Extraordinary Involvement on TCNJ’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Emma Pasula is a senior criminology major at The College of New Jersey, originally from Belmar, whose looking for a future in addiction counseling after graduating from TCNJ this spring. Emma is a member of Kappa Delta Sorority, where she has served as the B+ Liaison and Greek Week Chair, and was involved with TCNJam, where she served as the Family Relation Chair and one of the Executive Directors.

TCNJam returned to campus for the third year on March 4th, and the dance-a-thon that benefits the B+ Foundation raised a total of $95,714.60. Emma was extremely involved with the event, being a Co-Executive Director. “I decided to volunteer for the position because I really loved the cause and I wanted to work more closely with the B+ foundation,” Pasula said in an interview. She has spent two years holding a position involved within TCNJam, and said, “the last two years have been extremely busy and full of hard work, but I have absolutely no regrets, it has been one of my favorite parts of college.”

Looking back on her last four years of college, one experience Emma will never forget is her semester abroad in Sydney, Australia this past fall semester. Her and one of her best friends packed up their bags and come July, left the country for Sydney! “We traveled and had an amazing time,” Pasula said, “I sometimes feel like I wasn’t even there because it is still surreal to me that I was able to have an experience like it.”

Another important aspect of Emma’s time at TCNJ is her sorority, which she joined freshman year. “Kappa Delta has introduced me to some of my best friends and what I like to call ‘friend soul mates,’” Emma said. The sorority has impacted her time at TCNJ, making school a happier place for her. Kappa Delta helped Pasula to “become more confident and a stronger woman,” she said. The organization has helped Emma accomplish so much, as well as providing a great support system of best friends. “It’s an organization of 130 women that I know I can count on and will show up when I need them to,” Emma said.

Emma has accomplished so much throughout her last four years at TCNJ. She has given back to the community, found her career path, and traveled the world. Although she has all of these wonderful achievements, she said “one of my greatest accomplishments thus far is just how much stronger I have become as a person over the last four years of college, I’m extremely proud of how much of a better person I have developed into.”

Emma will graduate this month, and move on to completing her Masters in Social Work. Her goal is to help as many people as she can. Good luck Emma, we’re cheering for you!

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.