Emily Miller: Creative Writer & Future Educator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Meet Emily Miller, a twenty-one year old senior English major from Barnegat, NJ. When she’s not busy writing essays for class or planning events for Ink, you can find her reading, painting, writing, or traveling to just about anywhere! Continue reading to learn a little bit more about Emily’s experience at TCNJ.

What made you come to TCNJ?:

I didn’t want to be too far from home and it was my favorite in-state school. I loved how small the class sizes were too!

What are you involved in on campus?:

I am currently the co-President of Ink, the creative writing club. I also work as the Audience Services Specialist at the Center for the Arts.

How has your involvement shaped your experience at TCNJ?:

My freshman and sophomore years, I tried out a lot of different clubs and activities. It actually really helped me narrow down what I really wanted to get involved in and put most of my effort in to. Being involved in a club like Ink, it’s helped me grow close to much of the English and Creative Writing departments and gain some valuable relationships.

What are you looking forward to most about your senior year?:

My internship with the director of the New Jersey Commission on Holocaust Education!

What has been the biggest lesson you’ve learned in college?:

The more you put yourself out there and the more things you try, good things will always come back to you. Don’t shy away from new experiences and embrace all of it while you can!

After college, Emily hopes to work in genocide or human rights education. In fact, her dream is to teach or write with the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Alyssa is a senior English major at TCNJ who loves to read, write, listen to music, and spend time with her friends, family, and dog. She is currently a Features Editor for HCTCNJ. 
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.