The Dorm Room Cookbook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Let’s be honest, sometimes dining hall food can get a little boring. To spice up your diet, try out these easy dorm room friendly recipes!

Breakfast

Nutella Banana Wrap

This nutella banana breakfast wrap is perfect for an early morning sweet tooth. Add nutella on a wrap, roll up the banana and then slice it up. Done!

Apple Sandwiches

Apples to apples make for a healthy breakfast on the go! Just cut two apple slices in half and add peanut butter, granola, and raisins.  

Lunch

Cinnamon Raisin PB&J with Banana Slices 

This PB&J with a grown up twist makes for the perfect midday lunch. Just make a regular PB&J- but on cinnamon raison bread and add some banana slices!

Pita Pizza Poppers

What’s better than pizza? Pizza poppers! Get the recipe here.

Dinner

Microwave Mac & Cheese 

Move over Easy Mac, this microwave mac and cheese is super simple to make and super yummy! Here’s the recipe.

Fancy Ramen

Upgrade your ramen with this new and improved recipe! It provides a much healthier way of making ramen, by just swapping out the flavor packet for some steamed veggies and a salad dressing for flavor.

Snacks

Peanut Butter Dip

Feeling peckish? This tasty dip makes a great snack between classes. Here’s the recipe!

Cucumber Cheese Sandwiches

Want something a little fancier than cheese and crackers to munch on after that long lecture? These cucumber sammies have you covered. Just slice up cucumbers and add your favorite cheese in the center!