This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

So midterms are over and you’re settled into college. You’ve made friends, gotten to know classmates and professors (hopefully), joined clubs and done a lot since the end of August. However, in the last few months, you have probably also gotten sick of dining hall food. Some of us have managed to pull through ‘til now, while others gave up in September.

The hunger gods have not released you yet. You tried not eating but you’re studying late and don’t have any money to order takeout. Luckily for you, you keep a stash of food in your dorm for these late night study sessions. If you’re trying to stay healthy and don’t want to binge on oreos and peanut butter, here are some great ideas for things you need to have in your dorm room pantry.

Crockery. First things first, get some cute utensils. I think the mismatched array of mugs and bowls and spoons that have just found their way into your life tell the most about you. Keep at least 2 sets of mugs, bowls, plates and silverware for when your friends come over. Also keep a knife you can actually cut with.

Spices. Everyone should keep salt and pepper shakers in their room for when the dining hall seems to forget about them. Cinnamon is also a great spice to have, because you can do so much with it. Any other spices you use regularly at home would be a great addition.

Fruit. Oranges/tangerines, apples and grapes are great choices too!

Yogurt. Since they come in single-serve cups, you know you’ll never binge on it and yet, with all the dessert flavors, you still get to treat yourself. Also, Greek yogurt provides energy as a pre- or post- workout snack.

Oats. Cooking doesn’t get much easier than this. Just add some water and microwave. If you want to get fancy, though, add nuts and dried fruit and sweetener.

Granola bars. For those mornings when you just want to snuggle in bed with your blankets a couple extra minutes.

Honey. Always keep a bottle of honey on hand. Honey always helps sweeten your oatmeal or tea/coffee, especially when you have a sore throat or cold.

Pita chips + hummus or tortilla chips + salsa. While these are not the highest on the ranks of healthy snacks, they are a much better alternative to potato chips.

Tea. Even if you consider yourself a coffee drinker, keep some herbal tea on hand. It helps when you have a cold and all you want to do is hibernate till the end of the semester.

Coffee. For all those coffee addicts out there, keep some instant coffee in your room for when you don’t feel like walking over to the Lib Cafe for Starbucks.

Nuts. Trail mix, plain nuts, or even nut butter by the spoonful makes a filling snack. Just make sure you don’t get the ones with a lot of sugar on them, since that defeats the purpose.

Carrots/ Celery. Not a fan of baby carrots? Get regular ones and just cut them down to sticks. Also, cut celery into bite size sticks. Serve with nut butter, or hummus.

Now that you know what to put in your dorm pantry, you don’t have to starve yourself. Let the late night feasts begin!

Anandita is a junior at TCNJ, majoring in economics and minoring in English
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.