This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s that time of year again. The trees are beginning to lose their leaves, pumpkin picking is in season, and horror movie marathons are a must. With October 31st soon approaching, it’s a good idea to start thinking about the array of Halloween costume possibilities. To make that a little easier, here are 10 easy and cute costume ideas to make the ghoulish holiday a lot more sweet.

1. Celebrate in fashion by dressing up as Audrey Hepburn from her 1961 film Breakfast At Tiffany’s. For this costume you’ll need: a long, black dress, black heels, elbow-length black gloves, a pearl necklace, and a small tiara to finish off the look.

2. If you’re looking for a more colorful and bright look, try recreating the iconic style of artist Frida Kahlo. For this look you’ll need: a peasant blouse, a long necklace, a flower headband, and, if you’re feeling daring enough, black eyeliner to recreate her iconic unibrow.

3. A more ghostly option is dressing up as Wednesday Addams for the holiday. To create the look, you’ll need: A white collared blouse to wear under a black long-sleeved dress, along with some darker shades of makeup (eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick). Finally, to finish off the look, braid your hair into two separate braids.

4. If you’re a dog lover, try giving Cruella de Vil’s style a try. To recreate her look, you’ll need: a long black dress, a white faux fur coat, a cigarette holder, and you can’t forget to carry around a small dalmatian stuffed animal. If you want to spice the look up, add some dramatic makeup and either wear a half dyed black and white wig or use temporary hair dye.

5. From the HBO show Game of Thrones, a Daenerys Targaryen costume is sure to fulfill your fantasy. You will need: a bleached blonde wig, strips of brown cloth that can be used to create her dress, and a dragon stuffed animal.

6. Show off your fierce girl power by dressing up as Rosie the Riveter. For this costume, you’ll need: a red and white polka dot bandana, a dark blue collared shirt, and to top it off, some red lipstick.

7. Switch it up by dressing as “Holy Guacamole.” To make this costume, you’ll need: a green shirt, a pair of angel wings, a light up halo, and printed out pictures of avocados to stick onto your green shirt.

8. Be everyone’s latest fizzy obsession this Halloween by dressing up as the aesthetically pleasing seltzer brand, La Croix. For this, you’ll only need: a tie-dye dress and a  permanent marker to recreate the font on the can.

9. Who could forget about the TV series Arthur? To re-create everyone’s favorite animated aardvark, you’ll need: a pair of real or fake glasses, monkey animal ears to resemble an aardvark’s, and of course a yellow pull over sweater.

10. If you have a sweet tooth and prefer treats over tricks, dress up as an ice cream cone. To create the costume, you’ll want to purchase: a white dress, a brown party hat to resemble a cone, and lastly multi-colored popsicle sticks that can be used to glue onto the white dress, creating the illusion of rainbow sprinkles.

Deirdre is a freshman at The College of New Jersey, majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing.
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.