Cold Weather: The Stir Crazy Effect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

My roommate and I sit in our room with the blinds pulled wide open just to let an ounce of sunrays stream into our bedroom. The large amounts of snow have prohibited us from taking even the simplest of trips to Eickhoff.  All we see are our four walls and there’s only so much hot chocolate you can drink. Minutes start to seem like hours and I begin to wish that they would have never cancelled my three hour long 9 a.m.

Snow days are the worst, especially when the feeling of being trapped indoors starts to kick in. We like to call this going “stir crazy”. I don’t know about you, but on days like this I almost need to find any reason to get out and be active. I tend to meet up with some friends on my floor and hang and maybe even start a study group (ok, maybe). My friends and I also like to order take-out on those snowy days while watching our favorite TV shows or a movie. But if all else fails and I still feel like I might go crazy from seeing too much of the inside of my building, then I bite the bullet and take a trip outside.

We all go a little stir crazy every once in a while.  If this has ever happened to you, you’re not alone. There are many ways to get out of your boring funk just as long as you’re creative.  The worst thing you can do is stay in your bed, sulk and think, “woe is me.” Don’t let the crummy weather get you crazy.