jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Class of 2021’s Vice President of Public Relations: Rupak Doctor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Chances are you know or have heard of Rupak Doctor. As Class of 2021’s Vice President of Public Relations and a very involved TCNJ student, it seems like he knows everybody on campus. But do you know everything about Rupak Doctor?

Name: Rupak Doctor

Hometown: Montgomery (but I grew up in Freemont, California until I was 14).

Major: Marketing Major with a Minor in Communications

What was your freshman floor?: Wolfe 5!

Campus Involvement: Beta Theta Pi Fraternity, Student Government, Orientation Leader, Peer Advising Coach, and Student Center Staff

What are you working on for next semester?: Next semester, I’m working on creating a Philanthropy Fair. Its not offical, but it’s currently being worked on. The Philanthrophy fair would be a big event, where all 200+ organizations on campus can have an opportunity to present the student body with a cause or charity. This can be anywhere from orgs setting up games to make money for causes to even having students make something to donate (like crafts for childrens hospitals, or cards for the military).

Dream Job: I want to work as the head of the philanthropy division of a large company. I want to be able to control and use their resources to make an impactful difference.

Hobbies: Playing the piano, hanging out with friends, netflix, coffee (lol)

Fun Fact: I am irrationally terrified of Snails

Favorite TCNJ Food: Stud sushi, obviously. Specifically, the crispy crab roll.

Where’s your favorite study spot?: Sitting by Lake Sylva, but I barely got to do that last semester :(

What’s your favorite college memory thus far?: I loved getting the opportunity to experience Leadershape this year. Leadershape is a 6 day leadership retreat with 60 TCNJ students and faculty advisors where you are opened up to new ideas and perspectives. I loved it because it helped me learn things about myself and how I interact with others as well as helped me understand how important it is to take new perspectives, I would recommend it to anyone.

What’s your favorite part of TCNJ?: I love how welcoming the faculty are. Most college faculty dont make an effort to connect 1 on 1 with students, but I have found that almost all of the faculty at TCNJ works to create individual connections with students whenever they can. I also would say that TCNJ is like a community. There are close friend groups, and distant strangers that you will never meet, but the fact is, we are all apart of one campus community in a way that makes all of us like a friend group. When the car accident occurred this semester, the impact was felt by all TCNJ students and organizations, not just the ones that were affected. I love being a student here because I don’t feel like a number, and campus feels just as much as a home as my real one does.

IMG Source: Rupak Doctor

Nicole Bachrach is a Sophomore Communications/Public Relations major and Law/Politics/Philosophy minor and the Pinterest Social Media Specialist on the HC E-Board at TCNJ.
Maddi is the current President and Campus Correspondent for HCTCNJ. She is a senior journalism student at The College of New Jersey who loves pugs, napping, and all things food.