This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

One of the best parts of Thanksgiving is the food.  While the holiday only lasts one day, these leftovers can be enjoyed for much longer!

1. Smashed Potatoes

My all-time favorite Thanksgiving food! Many people haven’t heard of it, not sure if it’s my own family’s secret recipe… BUT it’s basically just red potatoes smashed, so not totally mashed into a smooth texture.

2. Corn

A great side dish for any main courses your family makes.

3. Apple Pie

The perfect dessert if you, or your family, aren’t the biggest fans of pumpkin pie.

4. Apple Cider Donuts

Another favorite dessert of mine, apple cider donuts are a great fall treat that everyone will enjoy.

5. Stuffing

A classic Thanksgiving food! I actually just tried this for the first time last year and loved it.  There are so many variations of stuffing you can try, as well.

6. Turkey (or Tofurkey!)

I couldn’t write about Thanksgiving foods without mentioning turkey. But, if you are not a meat-eater, like myself, there are so many other options! You can try the various meat alternatives out there or just stick to the many sides that are vegetarian!

That is all for my list, I hope everyone had a great holiday break with family, friends and all the food your heart desires!

Thumbnail Source

Senior, Early Childhood/Special Education and English Major. 
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.