This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

There is no doubt that 2018 was a great year for music. From indie to pop, artists from across genres created amazing work this year. Here are 10 the great albums from 2018 by their genre!

1. Hip-Hop: Swimming- Mac Miller

Image Source

Although Mac Miller has tragically left us this year, Swimming will continue to be remembered by all of his fans.

2. Pop: Sweetener- Ariana Grande

Image Source

Ariana Grande’s new album was everywhere on social media this year, and the 25-year-old isn’t slowing down any time soon! Thank you, next!

3. Rap: Beerbongs & Bentleys- Post Malone

Image Source

It was a great year for Post Malone. The young rapper blended together different sounds to create an album that went beyond rap.

4. Group: Iridescence- BROCKHAMPTON

Image Source

The modern collaborative group formed in 2015 came out with Iridescence this year. The record is experimental and is a great choice if you want to listen to something new.

5. Indie: Lush- Snail Mail

Image Source

Lindsey Jordan, the “Snail Mail” soloist, put together her first album this year. The 19-year-old only just begun her music career and has many years ahead of her.

6. Alternative: Pray for the Wicked- Panic! At the Disco

Image Source

Panic! At the Disco’s sound sure changed a lot through the years, however, Brendon Urie’s passion for his music has remained the same.

7. Classic Rock: Anthem of the Peaceful Army- Greta Van Fleet

Image Source

If you are a fan of Led Zeppelin, chances are you’ll love Greta Van Fleet. Their sound is very similar to that of the classic rock band.

8. Country: Golden Hour- Kacey Musgraves

Image Source

Kacey Musgraves new album Golden Hour is easy to listen to and was a hit in the country music world.

9. Folk: Staying at Tamara’s- George Ezra

Image Source

George Ezra is an up and coming artist with an incredible voice. With his latest album, the young singer has helped to bring folk to the mainstream.

10. EDM: Neon Future III- Steve Aoki

Image Source

This is Steve Aoki’s fifth studio album, and the world-famous DJ isn’t slowing down any time soon.

Journalism major at TCNJ!
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.