This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

There’s no doubt that the first few months of every new year are some of the most fashion-forward and trendy. Awards season brings iconic red carpet looks from all the A-list celebrities as they celebrate the year’s best in music, television, and film.  This year (so far) celebs like Lady Gaga, Dakota Johnson, and Nick Jonas have been killing the game in terms of awards show fashion looks at events such as the Grammys, the SAG Awards, and the Golden Globes. We have yet to witness the true test of style — the Oscar’s — but that does not mean there hasn’t been some mesmerizing fashion moments that will certainly set the tone for the rest of the year, and it’s only February.

Here’s some of the best looks so far:

1.     Dakota Johnson, Golden Globes

Source

This is without a doubt my personal favorite (for the ladies) of the entire awards season so far. Elegant yet powerful, Johnson’s flowing gown was a testament to the Time’s Up movement is the most graceful way. The silver details on the back are striking and a beautiful way to personalize the sea of black clothing that was the Golden Globes this year. Not to mention her stunning earrings and hairstyle, which is pulled back enough to show off the dress yet soft enough to frame her face nicely.

2. Mandy Moore, SAG Awards

Source

For an actress who stars in one of the most popular and talked about television shows of the moment, This is Us, Moore sure doesn’t disappoint. This gorgeous Ralph Lauren gown in blue is simple yet sophisticated, with its dramatic v-shaped top, barely-there straps and (my personal favorite) subtle shimmer. Her dramatic eye/nude lip look complements both her soft hair and her standout dress.

3. Hailee Steinfeld, Grammy Awards

Source

If there was ever someone to be talking about in the celebrity world right now, it’s Hailee Steinfeld. The twenty-one year old singer/actress is killing it as she appeared in the last two Pitch Perfect movies, as well as recorded new music. She always looks sleek and put together on carpets, but this look has been one of her most daring. Her strapless white Alexander Vauthier gown is simple and makes her chestnut-brown hair and dramatic eye makeup really stand out. But it’s the shoes that are the real star of this outfit — metallic purple knee-highs that normally wouldn’t be paired with this kind of dress but somehow just screams “look.”

4. Nick Jonas, Golden Globes

Source

Now, I may be a little biased, but Nick Jonas always looks so good. At this year’s Golden Globes, he (and brother Joe) wore all black to support the Time’s Up movement. In this Montblanc suit, Jonas looks suave and confident. His dark hair is striking with the all-black ensemble, and his Time’s Up pin makes us love him even more.

5. Natalia Dyer, SAG Awards

Source

‘Stranger Things’ Natalia Dyer showed off her quirky and fun fashion sense at this years SAG Awards, where she, along the rest of the cast, won for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. The twenty-one year old actress’ Dior dress was stunning with it’s celestial-detailed skirt and tulle neckline. Her petite frame is not swallowed by the larger skirt, and her updo finishes out the look with only word left to describe Dyer: fairy.

6. Common, Grammy Awards

Source

Actor-singer Common always cleans up nicely for awards shows, and this year’s Grammy’s were just another stop on the charming-and-refined-style train for him. His burgundy-velvet jacket is the focus of the look, mixing up the traditional texture/color we’re used to seeing on red carpets.

7. Alexis Bledel, Golden Globes

Source

One of our favorite Gilmore girls is at it again — starring in Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale and absolutely stealing the show on the red carpet. Bledel showed her support for Time’s Up at the Golden Globes this year with this black and white Oscar de la Renta jumpsuit. The floral detailing adds a feminine touch while the jumpsuit remains a power statement. Bledel’s simple hair and statement makeup compliment the fierce look.

8. Zoe Kravitz, Golden Globes

Source

I don’t think there’s ever a time where Zoe Kravitz doesn’t look straight-up cool. The daughter of Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet, her striking black gown compliments her athletic yet demure shape, with a straight neckline and subtle slit. Her short hair allows the features of her face to shine, and the green statement-earrings add a pop of color.

9. Ben Platt, Grammy Awards

Source

The man with the voice and the passion, Ben Platt has been taking the world by storm for quite a few years now. After just finishing his run on Broadway as the title character that won him a Tony in Dear Evan Hansen, Platt is nowhere near ready to stop. He stole the show at the Grammy’s this year with “Somewhere”, and his red carpet look was just as fun and quirky as he is. In a plaid suit with a burgundy shirt and patchwork detailing, he stood out. But, he always stands out in the best way possible. Keep being you, Ben Platt.

10. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, Grammy Awards

Source

One of the most popular power couples, model-musician couple Chrissy Teigen and John Legend took the Grammy’s red carpet in style this year. Teigen, a few months pregnant in Yanina Couture, looks stunning and elegant in one of the more shimmering numbers of the night. Legend, in Burberry, looks as cool and collected as he always does. Together, they make the most perfect, fashionable couple.

Olivia Grasing is a journalism student who aspires to work in the fashion/lifestyle industry.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.