This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

We’ve all been there. You overslept, kept snoozing the alarm, or simply forgot to set one. Here are 13 tried and true beauty tips that will help you look and feel your best when you don’t have a ton of time.

1. If you have time to wash your hair, wrap it in a microfiber towel so it dries faster. They make such a huge difference with time and additionally, they cause less breakage than other towels, so they also help keep your hair healthy!

2. Alternatively, if you don’t have time to wash your hair, spray some dry shampoo in! Make sure you let it sit for at least 10 minutes before brushing it out. Brush your teeth, do your makeup, or pack your bag in the meantime. My favorite dry shampoo is the Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo in the dark shade. As someone who has nearly black hair, I struggled for a while to find a dry shampoo that would blend out easily and not leave white residue. Since the dry shampoo is tinted, I no longer have to worry about that! It smells great and adds a ton of volume.

3. If you don’t have dry shampoo, use baby powder instead! It works just as well to absorb excess oil and add volume to your hair.

4. Woke up with frizzy hair? Not a problem, just put a used dryer sheet over your hairbrush and brush through your hair like you normally would. Before you know it, your frizz will be gone!

5. Tame pesky fly-aways by spraying a bit a hairspray on a toothbrush and brushing the hairs back against your head – just make sure you don’t pick up this same toothbrush to brush your teeth.

6. Use a clean mascara wand to brush through your lashes and brows for some quick and easy grooming.

7. Double up on cheek and lip product to save time! If you’re using a creamy lipstick, put a dot on each cheek and blend it in with the tips of your fingers. The warmth from your hands will allow the product to blend easily and make it look natural! My favorite product to achieve the most natural looking color is Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain. It smells like roses and makes me look like I just came in from playing in the snow!

8. Use a tinted moisturizer or BB cream with SPF to combine 3 steps in 1! Tinted moisturizers typically have a light to medium coverage and are best applied with your hands. The best part about them? They’re foolproof. They blend easily and give an even, natural finish. Don’t have tinted moisturizer? That’s okay, just mix a pump of foundation with your favorite moisturizer on the back of your hand. My favorite foundation for this is the L’Oreal Tru Match Lumi foundation.

9. Use a cream eyeshadow instead of powder. Swipe a light or shimmery shade over your lids. If you apply too much or it’s darker then you expected, take a small blending brush to blur out the edges. I love using Maybelline Color Tattoo. The formula is creamy, so it stays put all day.

10. If you get some mascara on your lash line while applying it, instead of struggling to rub it away, take a small smudger brush and some dark brown eyeshadow and blend it in for some mock eyeliner! The brown will soften the color while still enhancing the eyes.

11. Use tinted brow gel instead of spending time filling in your brows with pencil, pomade, or powder. Benefit’s “Gimme Brow” is my go-to tinted brow gel. The formula is great and they have three colors to choose from, plus, the packaging is adorable!

12. If all else fails go with your go to! My favorite makeup routine on a day when I’m running late is applying a bit of concealer under my eyes, mascara on my lashes, and Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain on my lips and cheeks!

13. If you’re a commuter, keep things like a hairbrush, deodorant, and some makeup in the car. This saves a ton of time and is great security in case you forget something!

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.