HC Homepage?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
HC Homepage?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Allure Best of Beauty: Winners Roundup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Every year Allure curates a list of over 300 beauty, skincare, haircare and body care products to receive the ultimate stamp of approval, the Allure Best of Beauty Award. It can be overwhelming to know what to trust with 391 products on this year’s list. So, I’ve broken down the main categories narrowing down the best of the best. 

SKIN 
Best Oil Face Cleanser–Dermalogica Precleanse Oil ( $49)
I love this oil cleanser as part of my double cleanse routine. This cleanser breaks down sunscreen and makeup from the day and a little goes a long way. 
Best Mineral Facial Sunscreen-La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Ultra-Light Fluid Sunscreen ($39)
Wearing your sunscreen everyday is such an important part of your skincare routine. This tinted one from La Roche-Posay gives coverage while still protecting the skin from UV damage and is also non-comedogenic. 
Best Clarifying Mask-The Outset Purifying Blue Clay Mask ($46)
The Outset is a newer brand which was founded by Scarlett Johansson and Kate Foster in 2022. This mask clarifies the skin without over drying like some masks do. It is formulated with blue clay, niacinamide and salicylic acid. 

HAIR 
Best Shampoo and Conditioner For Fine Hair-Andrew Fitzsimons Body Volume Shampoo + Conditioner   ($16 per bottle) (Affordable!) 
Celebrity hairstylist Andrew Fitzsimons creates affordable hair care products for all hair types that actually work. This brand is definitely worth checking out. 
Best Scalp Scrub-Fekkai Apple Cider Detox Scrub  ($38)
This scalp scrub gently breakdowns product buildup without stripping or scratching the scalp. This product is safe for all hair types and color-treated hair. 
Best Heat Protectant-Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer  ($34)
This heat protectant from Bumble and Bumble doubles as a leave-in conditioner and claims to cut frizz by 50% and provide heat protection for up to 450 degrees. It is formulated with a signature oil blend including grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, safflower seed oil, argan oil and macadamia nut oil. 

BASE
Best Light Coverage Liquid Foundation-Hourglass Veil Hydrating Skin Tint  ($49)
It seems like 2023 has been the year of skin tints. This one from Hourglass was blowing up on Tik Tok and for good reason. This product claims to boost skin’s hydration levels by 52%, gives a dewy glow and is non-comedogenic. I think this skin tint would be worth checking out despite the steep price tag. 
Best Powder Highlighter-Rare Beauty Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter  ($25)
I love anything from Rare Beauty and these highlighters are truly silky to touch and look beautiful on the skin. 
Best Loose Powder- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Ultra- Blur  ($48)
This cult-classic translucent setting powder has been a fan favorite for many years. This version is ultra blurring and talc free. 

EYES
Best Brow Pencil-Kosas Brow Pop Nano  ($22)
This brow pencil from Kosas is perfect for those hair-like strokes for a clean looking fluffy natural brow. 
Best Brow Wax-Benefit Cosmetics Fluff Up Brow Wax  ($26)
Benefit Cosmetics Brow Wax is flake free and gives your brows that laminated look for less. 
Best All The Drama Mascara-Maybelline The Falsies Surreal Extensions Washable Mascara ($13) (Affordable!)
This mascara was the most affordable on the list and claims to be clump, smudge, flake & smear-resistant. In my opinion sometimes drugstore mascaras are better than high end. 

LIPS 
Best Sheer Lipstick-Clinique Almost Lipstick (Black Honey)  ($24)
Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey has gone viral in the last couple years on Tik Tok for being the perfect shade for a natural lip color. The shade has made a comeback since its original launch in 1971!
Best Lip Oil-Clarins Lip Comfort Oil  ($29)
For the last few years the Dior lip oil was the one to have but at last there is a new contender for the best lip oil. This lip oil from Clarins is described to be a cocktail of unique oils that delivers thirst-quenching hydration, nourishment, protection, and visible repair for soothed, moisturized lips. 
Best Tinted Lip Balm-Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm  ($24)
Last but not least, IYKYK! This lip balm from Summer Friday’s is super hydrating and comes in seven different varieties to try out; vanilla, poppy, vanilla beige, brown sugar, pink sugar, cherry, and sweet mint.

Samantha Schepelenko is a student at The College of New Jersey. She is a senior Journalism and Professional Writing major with a Comm minor. She hopes to write for the beauty and fashion industry one day :)