Allie Eichvalds ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

She’s volunteered in an African orphanage, lost her voice at the World Cup, traveled most of Europe and spent  her summer raking in the big bucks at Triumph Brewery in Princeton. This week’s campus cutie has a wicked sense of humor and a singing voice that will make your jaw drop. When she’s not rooting on her absolute favorite “footie” team, Chelsea, Allie Eichvalds can be found rehearsing in the Music Building, waiting tables at Triumph and generally enjoying every moment of her senior year.

Name: Allie Eichvalds

Age: 21

Major: Music

Hometown: Landing, NJ

Hobbies/Activities: Talking, traveling, watching soccer, trying new foods, and anything music related!

Favorite place on campus: The loop!!

Favorite thing about TCNJ: Definitely the friends I’ve made here!

Quirky habits: I’m told I laugh like a dolphin sometimes.

Pet peeves: Excuses, laziness, and exclusivity.

Favorite movie: Most of what came out in 1994.

Favorite musician/band: TOO. MANY. But today I’m digging Beirut and Devotchka with a little TLC on the side.

Best advice you’ve received: Stupid is as stupid does.

Best life experience so far: Traveling to South Africa to volunteer at an orphanage and go be a part of the World Cup!

Fun fact about yourself: I can say “hello” in twelve languages!

Describe yourself in three words: Too much noise.

Your dream date: Something that involves mud.

Future plans: Move to Germany and become a chocolatier…just kidding. I want to be a professor so people will pay money to listen to me.

Something you want to do before you graduate?: FOOD FIGHT!!!

What were the highlights of your summer: Viewing my bank statement afterspending my entire summer working.

Tell us about your time abroad: It was amazing! I traveled to nine different cities and got to meet so many fascinating people. Plus, Salzburg provided me with a musical experience I never could have gotten anywhere else. I miss it SO MUCH, and I can’t wait to go back!!!

What was your favorite part of study abroad in Austria?: I have to pick one…? I loved every minute. But definitely the music. I saw ‘Rusalka’ in Vienna (which is one of my FAVORITE operas), and it was just incredible.

Best part about being a music major?: I’m pursuing the thing I love most in the world. It’s so relieving to know that!!!

Anything else you’d like to say?: Shouts to my ladies on Pennington! You’ve made these past four years an experience so joyful, I almost pee my pants laughing every day. Thank you for being SO DARN awesome!!!

Jessica is one half of the fantastic duo founding Her Campus on the leafy suburban campus that is The College of New Jersey. A Journalism major and Communications minor in the Class of 2012, she is a native of Pennsylvania and an adoptive resident of New Jersey. That's why she can't fist pump, but can pump gas. Before Her Campus, Jessica was a newspaper reporter, communications assistant and world traveler, having studied and interned abroad in London. When she's not writing or talking up a storm, Jessica can be found bargain shopping, catching up on a good book, fiddling with her camera or attempting to stay in shape. Other passions include hummus, tickling those ivories on the piano, meeting new people and all things Her Campus.