This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

This cutie has a heart of gold and a constant song in her heart.  Cowboy boots and hats are necessities, and being a kind, loving friend are qualities people love her for.  Know how to square dance and can’t get enough of Nicholas Sparks books?  Then you’ve found the right girl.  Meet Alexa!

Hometown: North Haledon, N.J.

Age: 19

Year: Freshman

Major: Special Education and English

Campus organizations: Club Ultimate Frisbee

Favorite spot on campus: The Science Complex arches overlooking Lake Ceva.

Dream job: Firefighter or an Olympic figure skater

Country you’d love to travel to: France

Number one thing on your bucket list: Go up in a hot air balloon

Favorite band/musician:  Ed Sheeran

Favorite book: “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers

Fun fact: I go extreme sailing with my father.

Role model: My sister Kirsten

Relationship status: Taken (sorry guys and gals)

Spirit animal: Chincilla

Most memorable date: I went to an outdoor ice skating rink with my boyfriend in New York; it was really fun ice skating in the snow with him.

Hobbies: Archery, painting and reading.

Funny quirks: My friends tell me I smell like milk.

Celebrity crush: Ian Somerhalder

Favorite quote: “‘Is everything just chance or are some things meant to be?’… You cannot leave everything to fate, boy, she’s got a lot to do, sometimes you must give her a hand.” – Ever After: A Cinderella Story

My name is Kaitlyn Njoroge and I am a Sophomore Journalism/ Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey. I have experience in online and print writing, and am looking to intern this summer or next year at a magazine or broadcast company. The only word that rhymes with my last name is pierogi, which isn't as fun as it seems because it's my least favorite food in the world. Also, if anyone is interested in reading my posts geared towards feminism, you can also check out my blog at kaitlynnjoroge.wordpress.com