7 DIY Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner and we all want an awesome costume, but let’s face it- as college kids, we’re broke. So instead of spending the rest of the money in your bank account on something that will only get worn once, odds are you can find a killer costume with clothes that you wear on a daily basis! Here are some ideas…

1. Rosie the Riveter: Wear a denim shirt, throw on a red polka-dot bandana or headband, (like this one from amazon,) put on some red lipstick and show off those muscles!

2. Greek Goddess: All you need is a white dress and a lot of gold jewelry, then finish the look off with some loose curls. If you want to go all out, get some gold flash tattoos– you will look out of this world!

3. 1920s Flapper: Black dress, a long pearl necklace, and a head band you can put across your forehead. This simple costume will make you look cute and classy, and remember- the more fringe, the better!

4. Scarecrow: Jeans, flannel shirt, boots, and scarecrow makeup. If you’re really good at makeup this is the costume for you, but if not ask around your floor- there is bound to be someone who can turn you into a scarecrow!

5. Sandy from Grease: Who doesn’t love Grease?! To transform into “Bad Sandy,” just wear black skinny jeans, an off the shoulder black shirt, a leather jacket, big hoop earrings, and red converse.

6. Katniss: Green jeans, a black shirt, boots, and a cargo coat. The odds will be in your favor for finding your very own Peeta Mellark if you’re wearing this costume!

7. Emoji Girl: This one is simple: just wear a pink shirt. Whether you’re doing a hair flip or raising your hand, this costume will make you look totally fab!