This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Opportunities are endless with today’s technology, and when it comes to college, there are a ton of apps that can help you with… well, basically everything! Here’s a few we love:

Uber – Uber is the app every college student absolutely needs in their lives. For any type of tricky situation where you have to get somewhere and need a driver, Uber is an affordable and convenient tool. Whether you’re out partying and need a ride home, or a ride to the train station because you missed your bus, Uber is always there for you! Uber makes it super easy by allowing you to track your driver and know exactly what they look like and what car they will be in to ensure your safety.

GroupMe – GroupMe is the perfect app for all those group projects that will be brought upon you this semester. It makes it easy to manage multiple group chats especially for those who do not have I-Message. Also, its totally free which is is any college students favorite word. 

Venmo – Ever had to pay a friend back and had no cash on you? This app makes it easy to send money to that friend by sending it from your bank account. It’s also perfect for when you only have a 20-dollar bill but you need to pay someone $13. No need to scurry around for change, just Venmo over the amount you owe with out any worries! Even if you forget your debit card, no need to worry! You won’t even have to carry your card around because the app automatically saves your information for convenience.

Spotify – Every college student needs a way to distress. Spotify provides hundreds of playlists for every activity you could image ranging from fun EDM to work out, to throwbacks that you can sing along to in the shower shamelessly. It also allows you to personalize your own playlists for whatever event you have in mind. Spotify is also like your personal music consultant by recommending songs you might like based on what you are listening to.

Gmail – Okay ladies now let’s get to work! Having the Gmail app is crucial for your college career. It allows you to quickly check your email at any time of the day. The best feature about this app is that it allows you to be logged into multiple accounts at once and switch between them with in seconds with out having to re-enter a password each time. This is super efficient to balance your school account as well as your personal email easily. Plus, nothing feels better than getting the notification on your phone that you just got an email about class being canceled, am I right?

Canvas – Having the Canvas app on your phone is a life saver for any TCNJ student. This app allows you to quickly check grades, assignments, and receive direct notifications to your phone when anything is uploaded or an announcement is sent.

Your Banks App – Keep yourself in check! Have your bank account handy on your phone to check your latest transactions. This helps any college student keep their spending habits in check. The apps can also help you deposit checks with out having to drive to the bank which comes in handy if you don’t have a car on campus.Definitely a very responsible app to download to make yourself “adult” a little better.

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.